Any chance? CBMs will receive Cubist Severence?

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Apr 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the thoughts on CBMs actually receiving the Cubist Severence? It looks to me that Merck keep all CBMs just long enough for them to end up with the smaller Merck Package. (Based on # years of service)

The CBMs are the folks that built the business and attained the goals. This would not seem fair.

Please no garbage on this post. Opposite opinions welcome. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's my opinion... What the fuck are u waiting for??!! F the severance!! Find a better opportunity. If u wait around for a severe, which may last u 6-9 months, any good opportunity will be gone. This isn't the time to sit on your hands and hope everything will be ok.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think that Merck is going to let the timing of the expiration of the Cubist severance on Jan 21st 2016 dictate how they move forward with their 2016 structure just to save a few bucks on the few folks they do sever. I do think that Merck will announce and make the determination based on what's best for their business and that will more than likely be around the end of the year.

Think about it, like all companies Merck will probably be having a NSM in either the late Jan or early Feb time frame. Do you really think that they are going to wait till after Jan 21st to announce what their sales team will look like? No, they will want to have their reporting structure, managers, and territories hired and locked down at least a couple of months before the NSM.

IMO the difference between the Cubist package and Merck package times the small number of reps that actually get severed is not significant enough to be a driver of how Merck will move forward with their plans.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The better question is when is Merck going to sever the SAMS? My SAM has gone AWOL....probably looking for a job. I hope Merck realizes how useless the SAM's really are. I haven't seen mine in two years, except at meetings. Also, the CSD's really need to go bye-bye. Just an opinion.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with both posts, not a time to sit on your hands, look for options (always a good idea). But based upon Merck's expectations of these drugs, they may need us for a while, so why not do your job, maybe you will get a company car (maybe not), and wait to see what the bonus structure (where we will really lose income potential) is like and more importantly who will be your manager! 4th qtr makes sense when things will be announced and worked out for Jan. 1.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no