Any Former Knollsters still haunting the pharma world?

Discussion in 'Knoll Pharmaceutical' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There must be an amazing family tree line of former Knoll People who are at other active pharma companies.

Abbott Labs is a no brainer, but where did others wind up???

And before we go any further...I would personally like to say that I hope Bob Madrid's family is doing well and moving on. RIP Bob Madrid

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a former Knollster from the Vicoprofin (still have my Waterford Millenia goblets!) and Meridia launch days. Still in the industry. I'm a product manager now. We had a great district. Lots of good people worked for that company.

I'll never forget when I first joined the company, I rode with a colleague and her cardiologist ate a cigar right in front of us while she gave her presentation, and then proceeded to spit it into a handkerchief and wipe his tongue. I couldn't believe it! She proceeded to go along on her sales presentation (actually, don't know if it was for my benefit or not, but she was like a robot w/that (canned) presenatation - ick) and on our way out of the office when I asked her WTF (?), she said he does that kind of thing to her all of the time. I think I would too if I were given robotic canned presentations! : ) The good old days...

3. I used to work for Knoll in Professional Services. We had a ton of fun hosting up meetings in Mexico, Hawaii and Springfield MO. Ron Miller was quite a taskmaster, if you know what I mean.

I now run a quaint coffee shop/bistro in Hoboken, NJ.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember you quite well. Remember having breakfast with you at Livingston Bagel on the way to work. Now at J&J - still a biostatistician. Knoll was a great place to work.........Alan Fisher

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you trying to find ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey does anyone remember Mike Perella and his mix up with a rep he was trying to fire?? He is still doing it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's an old Knoll rep- I am selling med devices now, and having a blast. Couldn't find my boss if my life depended on it! Keep in touch with Bill Colaner, Glenn Kitchens- that's it- would love to link up with Ducey, O'Renick, Jeff Gordon and dave Reeves. Ran into Robert Pearson in a hotel lobby- he said, "Excuse me", trying to get to the cookies on the counter- Mitch Skroski, Asheville, NC

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeff Oliver is now an RD ( Believe it or not ) with SoulGay Pharma in New England. Jeff was our DM down in the KY/TN area for several years, and then moved up north to Cleveland ? of all places. Jeff is a great golfer, and that played a major part in his getting promoted. His predecessor was a gay blade, and apparently bumped "heads" too many times with the VP of Sales.
    Anyway, Jeff was/still is a great guy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different opinion here. Jeff Oliver was a little less than OK.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True Jeff was/still is not perfect and cares ONLY for himself; but that is the norm today in pharma. Specifically WHy are you less than enamored with Jeff?
    Are you one of his former reps in TN/KY ?
    I know ALL about Jeff's exploits and am just curious about your comment.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you trolling for information about yourself, Jeff ?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, just curious to what my former reps are doing ??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone ever hear from the old group out of Atlanta going back to the REAL early days and the launch of Isoptin!! Now that's an oldie......Paul Woods, Mike Zenn, Rick Pace, Ken Deems, Larry Nails. Pretty good bunch of good old boys. Until you threw Leon Ligon into the mix. He's probably sipping cocktails on Padre Island now. Paul is probably still trying to figure out how to pronounce the hard words.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Jeff Oliver is now an RD for SoulGay. How funny that is.
    Gee, I wonder if his golfing with upper mgt played a role in his promotion ???
    Jeff is basically a nice guy, BUT...............
    His shenanigans in TN/Ky were wide spread and legendary.
    SoulGay was/is a complete Pharma farce, so Jeff will fit right in there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on Diane J?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AS far as the Madrid family goes. Patsy battled breast cancer twice. She just recently had a brain tumor. she is recovering from what I hear.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad to hear that. Patsy is a wonderful lady and I wish the best to her and her family. Miss you Bob!

18. Worked for KPC in the late 90s in Sales Operations, with the likes of Sunny Longordo, Trace D'Amato, Stephen McHugh, Ed Finney, Dale........? , Yun Lee, Regina Killian...Hope all are doing well, learn a lot from you guys..served me well, as I'm back in Pharma and kicking ass...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may find some knoll people at www,linkedin.com

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Old Knollster Just Retired

Joined Knoll in 1982. Hired by jack Demien (DM) and Leon Legion (RD) for the Atlanta District
    Paul Woods was in my district. Had a large territory, Savannah, Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and all points in between. Introduce Isoptin and Vicodin. Moved on to Schering Plough and just retired after 23 years with them when Merck came in with their axe and anniliated most of the Schering Sales Force. Took my severance and left.
    The industry will never see the good old days again when we actually provided a service to the physician.