Any guesses on when layoffs will happen?

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Sep 7, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any guesses?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tomorrow

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go away troll.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very valid question given our current environment. Don't drown drinking the kool aid. Changes are coming.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would they keep a static level of the salesforce when the environment has changed so much? Doesn't make sense. COVID has been a wonderfully bright spotlight on how hard low-level managers have had to scramble to justify their existence, though. Upper management should see that.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends on the division, dictates which reps are more or less needed. Some divisions and regions are very lean and if you’re a Legacy Allergan who cares? 52 weeks full paid severance.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before Q1.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you think there will Eyecare layoffis? Could territory’s sustain with 1 rep and the presbyopia drop coming out?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully eyecare layoffs happen this year. Daddy needs some severance, especially after my divorce from my ex psycho wife. Not a thing in the pipeline anyway except some polycarbonation.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumors are circulating here in Chicago that layoffs will affect all divisions..I've heard as soon as fourth quarter.
    I am worried...I hate sitting around the house waiting for a call from my asshole DM

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been hearing numerous rumors that layoffs could occur around the end of Q4 and will probably take eyecare down to 1 rep. Makes complete sense since no other company spends money on having 2 reps in 1 territory. Does anyone know the timeline for 52 the weeks of severance?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The tone of the call yesterday seemed to suggest that changes are absolutely coming, and probably much sooner than later. The emphasis on lost revenue in certain divisions in addition to COVID is reason enough to keep resumes up to date. We are a bottom line driven company and the bean counters don’t care about us individually, only the dollars generated.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was the tone on the call bad because they're forcing people back into the home office? They were REALLY on the defensive for that.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the defensive because headquarter employees went to the news. The call addressed concerns of home office employees, not field reps who are at greater risk.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The doctors and nurse gatekeepers aren’t getting Covid working in offices. They are OPEN with no problems. What makes you think it’s unsafe? The media is looking for sheep to keep this narrative alive. America sees through it. The article pertained to HQ employees not reps In the field. There’s MORE risk at HQ than in an Drs.office. There’s a RIF coming and you complainers will be gone. Any Allergan folks who actually think you’ll get 52 weeks severance are In La La land. 12 weeks MAX for you newcomers.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty good inside sources tell me that Dec 1 is what some DMs have been told...then again ,home office rumors are usually way off...who knows,maybe we continue this mess until a vaccine is found and then things go back to normal...whatever normal is within Abbvie.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My favorite part of that call was Gonzales justifying the decision by waving around printer paper telling us to 'read the headline' with whatever Jamie Dimon was spurting on about. We're a freaking pharma company... with doctors on the payroll... at least try to make it seem like a well thought through decision.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give it up red font ex pharma rep. No one believes your rants.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Red font guy is a fucking tool. He knows not of what he speaks.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Red font guy makes solid, logical points. Predictably, the opposing response is to call him a ‘effing tool.’ Classy. This is what the left does when they can’t argue their case. They insult. Not working. Keep an open mind and try making your point next time without f bombs and insults.