Any happy employees?

Discussion in 'CPL' started by anonymous, Apr 6, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me if they've had a good experience at this company? Anyone? The reviews on here for CPL are the worst I've ever seen. Seriously considering cancelling with recruiter.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what job are you applying for? Sales... phlebotomist... med tech?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked for CPL 15 years ago as a sales rep. You can make good money. Sometimes you can be a little bit more nimble than a Quest or a LabCorp could be. This was before the Sonic merger, so not sure what company is like now. It was hard to be a phlebotomist there. Bottom line is this.... if looking for a sales job, your manager will make or break you. Also, insurance contracts will make or break you. Know about these before you accept a position. My sales manager and regional manager were very good at keeping Austin (corporate HQ) off my back and just letting me sell (and I was rewarded for it). Ultimately, CPL is a good stepping stone for getting into a medical device job. Don't plan on making a career there (unless you want to get into management) but if you position it correctly, it can look good on your resume and help you get into medical sales (I'm talking to you, reps from Cintas, copier sales and BtoB sales). No axe to grind, or agenda for posting this - just speaking my reality which may have changed significantly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CPL lacks a lot of what our competition has and makes up for it with the lowest cost solution. This worked for years as the race to the cheapest price set us apart but the market has evolved and CPL has not. We don't offer a fraction of what Quest and LabCorp offer and depending on your market we offer a worse TAT on testing. The only advantage CPL has is price as we pay phlebs, couriers, and sales team lower than the competition.

CPL will be another example like Blockbuster Video where they do not watch the market conditions and do not make strategic moves to stay relevant.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a wonderful place to work! Keep it up Cheap Priced Labs. Seriously how are you in business?!?!?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been trying to find something else. Manager is awful if Austin and Sonic Healthcare knew what was going on, this manager would be gone. Good luck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call Debbie in HR she is great. Also document in an email right after your call the details and send to her. This way they are forced to get involved.

Working for CPL is like an abusive relationship. Management will one day say how much they appreciate you and that you are doing great (to your face) then next day tell you how bad you are doing (through email). These are poor managers and even worse humans.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call Deb in HR. She is great. If she tries to pawn you off to Laura ask that you don’t want to work with her. Laura plays favorites and will not look at situation objectively. After your call send a recap email so it is documented that you contacted HR. This is key.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CPL, much like any company you work for, is what you make of it. If you’re working hard and communicating with your management you’ll be good. If you’re in sales, obviously you get judged on your performance over the last 30 days (nothing new). I understand this is a place to anonymously vent, but if you truly want something changed, be the change. Communicate with your manager or if that doesn’t work, find out who their manager is and communicate with them.

Good luck to each of you guys/gals!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is classic! I asked for more training and to ride with some top sales reps with the company to improve my effectiveness in the field. This is the definition of “be the change” management shut it down faster than I could make the request.

CPL is big on talk but no action. They don’t invest in their employees or their product offering. The billing department is an absolute mess and as much as I “be the change” nothing will change that.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a cop out for leadership not doing their job and setting the example of “be the change”. Just turn it back on the reps that are the ones that fix all the problems.

How about this: attitude reflects leadership. Attitude across operations, lab and field sales is pretty bad. And your solution is they need to fix that themselves? Tell me where you got your GED from because you certainly didn’t learn that philosophy in college.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are part of the solution or part of the problem. Pointing blame to those that are not “being the change” is not taking responsibility for YOUR job. This is CPL at its finest. All these old white men don’t have a clue how to lead but rather tell others that they need to fix problems that they created.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CPL is what you make it. If you are looking for a long term sales career than CPL is not the place for ambitious, creative, hungry sales professionals. CPL does not provide the tools to be successful and lacks competitive benefits Quest offers. I have ridden with my GM many times. Never have I been given feedback and he just wants to get back to the office to return emails or go home early.

If you are simply looking for a job not a career and you can put up with the BS of making it look like you work. This is the place for you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go sell something...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To answer the question, at CPL you need to be in a region that has good management. The company itself does not provide the best training program and if you don’t have good local leadership it can be a sink or swim scenario. If you are interviewing, do a good job of vetting your local management and not just the company. Best advice I can give.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did everyone think of the call today that Bobby had about sales reps not able to see clients because of the virus? He seemed almost upset with us like we caused the COVID. I can’t help it if clients don’t want to see us right now. Some clients have shut their doors and are only seeing patients virtually. I can’t control that. Thoughts?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're in a pandemic, which no one has experienced before. What would you do if you were Bobby?

I think you take everything that is said, cut out the emotions, and find the point. The point is we need to beef up our training and prepare for when this thing passes.

Don't be such a snow flake.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true Quest rep... hope you went back to work for them. How is it that every Quest rep that comes to CPL is so soft? It's embarrassing. CPL should really stop hiring you guys... such a waste of space.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you're bitter... you know who get's bitter? I'll answer... people who aren't making money because they suck at sales... move back to Labcorp, loser.