Any insight about the auction?

Discussion in 'Synergy Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 26, 2019 at 2:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about another offer for the company. The only thing I have heard is that this can prolong our time till severance starts (if not taken in with Salix) if there are additional bids other than Baush for the company. Anyone know anything? Trying to juggle the timing of my exit here with a new offer on the table. If we are finished in a couple of weeks, great. If this drags on for another month, I will need to start with the new place and lose the severance.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are you going? Hopefully out of pharma.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At this point, I’d just go. Who knows what’s going to happen. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, is two months of “severance” worth hanging around for if you have a better opportunity? If it were 6 months, I’d do and say otherwise. Also, think about this, if another bidder comes in EVERYTHING would change drastically, and all things we know thusfar, could be off the table. Like the stupid sales contest. Hypothetically, if Pfizer buys the assets (if they’re even the ones who made an offer and win) I’d be willing to bet most of us will not be retained. I think Synergy higher ups want Bausch to be the winner because so many of them have been spending the last 2 months securing their OWN spots. If a company comes in that doesn’t have a “well-formed” GI division, then maybe we have a chance. But lord knows, Pfizer cares about Pfizer. I just want this to be over. In the meantime, I’m ramping up my job search.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good points. Thank you.