Any regrets, despite the long career, money?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem to have the monopoly on mental disorders.

Back to the question, every job has its pluses and minuses. No need to look for greener pastures when you have a good paying job. However, if you have been in the same sales job for 10 years and haven't advanced, you better reconsider your options because you could be a likely job cut candidate.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More bad advice and lying.

There are many reps in their late 50s still making 100k+ in the field because they can flat out sell.

First, in larger cities, there is tons of work. And in smaller cities, the relationships are so strong, that good companies can't ignore the impact of a seasoned rep.

Your post reeks of immaturity and a lack of knowledge of how the world works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any of us can look around and see you are wrong. Those in their 50's are rare. Characterizing as "many" just shows how little you know. Your post reeks of stupidity.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

most people in their 50s don't have to work.

also, "reeks" is my word. I know your state school education limited your knowledge, and that you were the type that wrote your term papers (papers where you had 2-3 months to write), the night before. You were too busy getting drunk and fooling around with fat chicks. I get it.

Good luck with your future analysis of this industry! If you have any suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. I usually just go the opposite of what people like you, with 4 year degrees in recreation or psychology or whatever you studied, believe.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong again. Most people over 50 HAVE to work. The median savings for people in their 50's is not much over $100k.

Making comments about fat chicks and drinking shows that you have mindset of a teenager. If you want to act and talk like a kid, there are plenty of juvenile forums for you to visit. Otherwise, grow up and act like an adult.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fat chicks are the best in bed, I can tell you that.

Do you know why?

Because they don't know when they are going to get it again, and they have to capitalize when the moment comes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back to the kiddie forums where you belong. I am sure there is a Justin Beiber conversation you are missing out on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Justin Beiber is incredibly talented, but I don't like his management team.

As for the topic, I think the only regret I have was ever trusting any of my co-workers. My honest Midwest upbringing and sheltered life lead me to say and do things that were used against me later on.

today, I just do my job and shut up. no personal information for anyone. and when I still run into the idiots in the field, I try to avoid them. And, when they pump me for information, I play dumb. I know they think I am an idiot (even though I have more education and accomplishments than them), but that is how I approach these losers and it is the correct way.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you act like you are dumb, you will be treated as if you are dumb. Your career goes nowhere. Playing games like that shows immaturity. Whatever happened to working hard for a living.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Taking what they are giving, cause I am working for a living!

Working!

On a serious note, Justin Beiber works hard. Travelling from city to city to perform for fans with high expectations is not easy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The difference between me and you is that I am thoughtful. I understood, early in my career that the pharmaceutical industry was a joke that fleeced the crap out of people with made up disease states and lies (mind drugs are made up, cholesterol drugs, and the worst is the purple pill, which does more harm for the digestive tract than good), so it was difficult for me to want to move up the ladder, despite the good money. Went back into nursing because at least I was not a part of that game.

You on the other hand, likely have little clue of how the world works, so you blindly do whatever you are told because the money is good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The difference between me and you is that you act like a child. You just said that you act dumb around others on your job. Try acting like an adult. Justifying your actions by claiming your company/industry is evil is what children do as well. They just pass the blame.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the child that won't admit to it because you love the world and money.

You can't over look the made up disease states and BS products, because of the money and pleasure to get from your employment.

My problem with you is that you won't admit to the BS of this industry, which tells me you lack critical thinking skills as well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey OP, my regret is that I realize now that I was not really assisting in improving the quality of life for others.

As a young sales rep, I foolishly thought my products were the best (typical brain washed newbie), and sold with a lot of passion.

Today, I realize that it is just big business. I wish I had stuck with my first love, counselling others (drug and alcohol addiction was my thing). I am only 37, and I am considering it, but its hard to leave a job making 110k, for a job making 40k with no perks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for a pharma company with crappy products, find a pharma company that sells good products. There are many good one's out there.

By the way, why are you still in sales at the age of 37? If you were any good, you would have moved beyond sales by this time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would rather sell than approve expense reports, and do meaningless field rides.

It sort of like Magic Johnson. Hall of Fame player that has other side businesses, but he didn't want to coach because he quickly understood that the players were not as passionate as him.

So, its all about fit. I find managers are people I really don't respect much either, and the higher up, the less respect I have for them, because they don't do much other than fly the country to go to meeting and spill out a strategy.

When I do field rides with management, I purposely take them only to average to below average accounts, because most of them are awkward in front of customers an hurt my bottom line.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone that has expenses has to deal with expense reports. There is nothing unique with a pharma job when it comes to having to do an expense report versus what is experienced in other industries. Sames goes with working with managers. In most industries, sales reps have managers that work with them on a regular basis. It sounds like you just can't handle a sales job at all. Why don't you find a job that is more in line with your speed and abilities. There are plenty of those jobs at your local mall.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will. My buddy runs Macy's in NYC, and I guarantefuckingtee you make much more than you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading your response, I think people have you all wrong. You are not suffering from any major mental illness. Instead, it merely appears that you have a low IQ. Maybe you can ask your "buddy" for a job in the toy department at Macy's. That might be more your speed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its better to have a low IQ than be a jealous, greedy slob...it must really get under your skin that people make more than you, doesn't it?

You are a typical average talented person that thinks you make an impact in this industry, when your peer can't stand you and your customers think you are douche.