Any updates on Progenity in the marketplace?

Discussion in 'Progenity' started by anonymous, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking at employment here - the posts from a couple years ago are so negative - is there anything positive out there to share? Especially about position in the market versus competitors?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Progenity is CRUSHING it out there.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Progenity is still the bottom feeder of the industry. Always have been and always will be. No clinical advantage and shady billing...thats the progenity way!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. If anything it has gotten worse. Truly. Run away!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it's REALLY bad now. Sticking with the same old small panels and trying to sell their "peace of mind" billing that sticks people with $$$$ bills if their insurance won't pay. Look at the competition and how many genes they test for the same amount....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haters gonna hate! Sales are wicked strong and there is an R&D pipeline a mile long. Good time to be at Progenty!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Progenity is unravelling at the seams. All the best reps have left or are leaving (or if you're their counsel, been forced out for inappropriate behavior). Competitively, their validation studies and their data pale in comparison to legitimate companies who are transparent and really look out for the patients. Why would a company remain out of network (unless forced to go in) if they were looking out for patients? This is an unscrupulous company with so many suspicious characters and acts that patients and potential employees should stay clear. Don't ruin your reputation by having the name Progenity on your resume.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

completely agree. went on an interview and the hiring manager asked why i would work here and why HAVE i worked at Progenity for so long? I was surprised by the sheer question. Looked him in the eye and finally said i was waiting to find a better situation. i start in a few weeks!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just finished NSM and watched someone with the company over 8 years quit and walkout in front of everyone. Tow more managers will resign in a week. Company is a disaster to anyone wanting to build a career.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im sure it was all planned that way. Have to give the person credit, pure enjoyment on their part and what a set of stones!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

09/11/2018

We were offered a Progenity "NIPT" blood test usually done at 10 weeks in pregnancy. She said the test would cost no more than $200 even without insurance. Progenity billed my insurance $7500 for this blood test. My insurance paid Progenity $3500. Progenity never emailed an estimate of what the test would cost before performing it. Progenity billed me $3500 from another vendor Avero Diagnostices and I received this bill a year later I called Progenity to complain about the bill considering my doctor said it would cost me $200the most. Progenity wants me to apply for financial assistance. I submitted for assistance and they mentioned it’s declined. I researched online to find out patients and insurance companies are getting this outrageous bills from Progenity without their consent. This is completely unfair and how could be there is no action after these many complaints.

12. Tfboo2

Tfboo2 New Member

Why are you reposting this from 2018? How is this even relevant to what is being discussed on this thread... you should have gone to yelp 2 years ago. Moderator take this down it’s disrracting and old news.

13. Tfboo2

Tfboo2 New Member

Are you talking about JC? He wasn’t even at NSM. Unless you’re counting the welcome video. Who are these managers you say are leaving? Which area of the country? Not that I’m surprised.... many people brushing up their resumes. Until
    G
    G goes the blood letting will continue.