Anybody else concerned about Mammaprint?

Discussion in 'Genomic Health' started by Anonymous, Dec 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounding like the Blue Cross people are about to put it on the same level as Onc Dx; say goodbye to $2K+ per test...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shaping up to be a tough 2013...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did the test last cost $2K+????

Try $4K+

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obamacare will kill any expensive test as part of cost cutting savings!

Looks like u guys will be looking for other employment in 2013 but don't follow Beggrow anywhere as she is a CANCER!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing how many people don't get it. Expensive test have the potential to save healthcare costs by avoiding unneeded treatments.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genoptix pulled AQUA test for HER2 due to block processing issues and test validity. Corporate knew about it in 2012 but continued to push testing. The new strategy will be to blame the hospitals processing protocol. An f' you to an unethical company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke to a Genoptix rep at a tumor board about this. She said that their medical director has temporarily pulled their HER2AQUA because specimens from certain facilities caused problems leading to cancellations.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke to my genoptix rep too and he had nothing positive to say about the test and that his money is generated on heme business. According him, in the first quarter alone approximately 300 cases were either cancelled or requesting additional blocks. He said not all of their paths are sold on the technology.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears you do not get it - it doesn't have to be an expensive test - GHI the writing is on the wall...