Anyone get "the call" yet???

Discussion in 'Abraxis Oncology' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still waiting today to hear. Anyone get "the call" yet?? What did they say??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you on the East Coast? If they wait until late afternoon that would be just downright mean.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're out... you'll get an early call. Calls that you've made it.... are the last calls of the day. It helps the scumbags feel better about themselves.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's a blood bath

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm out. Very true about early vs. late calls - it gives the ones gone to finish all of computer work before they are shut down.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is left in Chicago?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out List by State:

Mass: DC, JGH,
    MD: EP
    FL: Bill
    PA: PR

any others i missed?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TX-BP, CS
    VA- PR, DG?
    NC- VS
    MD- EP
    NJ/NY- MG, RG,

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dumbass, this is standard procedure with any company. They don't want you finding out half your district is in and you still haven't been called. Much easier on rumors to give the bad news first.

Best of luck to all of you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

32 people gone. Thank Shawn and her merrry bunch of idiots.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

those 32 are the lucky ones :) :)

wait until you see about 5 more leave in the next few days.

hahahahahah

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the west? CA, CO, AZ, UT?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about IL. WI. MN, IA and NE?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SoCal - JD, GL, CC CK

Northwest - PS, ST SR, JH

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who took the couple months, PTO, and bonus win hands down. I was actually wanting to get cut and it did not work out. Now i now have to deal with the military culture and brainwashing Celgene likes to do to their employees the others will be enjoying their holidays.

Blah.......

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand the people they kept and the people they let walk. Some of the best talent was let loose. Proven winners. Must be politics on the Celgene side and who they needed to move over to solid side, slotted promotions, or geographics. Hope it works out for everyone.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shawn, have fun with your pets over the holiday, all of us humans hate you.... you fat tub!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goodbye Abraxis, you are no more

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would have killed them to tell these poor souls their last day was 12/31. Get them through the holidays. 2 months severance is a joke.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially since there won't be any interviews for about a month right now.

While some of this treatment is the fault of Abraxis not negotiating a better deal, Celgene has the responsibility here. I've heard from many of you today and I cannot believe who they let go. With all of the other groups, DSM, NAM, RAM, it seemed they were choosing well. When it came to the sales force, though, there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

I know the job market is tough right now but there are also glimmers of hope, especially for people in oncology and with the talents you have. If you haven't already, get your resume together. Know that most jobs are found by networking with someone working at the company. The great thing is, there's been so much turnover at Abraxis that your previous coworkers are out here, everywhere. We will help you. I don't think anyone thought they were retiring at Abraxis so it was just a matter of time and you will survive this. Look around at who was let go and you know it was not because of performance, ability, or interview skill. Your in the company of some of the best reps in the nation. Another company will be very fortunate to capitalize on Celgene's idiocy.

Most job searches are taking about 6 months. Keep your head up and don't get discouraged, especially when it takes some time to find a new position. Confidence, without cockiness or over confidence, will sell. Read all the interview tips and suggestions on line. The interview questions are things you already know but they help you think through what to say. Your best likelihood of finding that job is through networking, followed by the company web sites, and then recruiters. You can do better than working for a company that treats people this way.