anyone happy at RC

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just got an offer and wanted to know if anyone is happy in the DM role? probably not the best forum to ask this on, but realistically, haters gonna hate, but anyone out there enjoy it? what is realistic bonus/profit sharing? They gave me the base number already. also, dumb question, but kind of car? strictly curious about that one, has no bearing on if i take the job.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love it here! Food is good!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where did you come from? if you think this is good, then this is the place for you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I joined about a year ago from human pharma. I feel I got a fair base. I have an Escape but I hear the new cars are Subarus with a choice. I think it depends what you're looking for. I want a company that has great benefits and opportunities. Plus we have a pension - which nobody gives anymore! These things are important to me but everyone is different. I'm very happy here compared to my old industry and enjoy the team and people I work with.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the response! My base offer is pretty low. are you making bonus? I have 2 offers on the table, one offers much more money, but it may not last, as its fairly new to the A.H. game.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have made a few really good bonuses and it's great if you exceed your goal as there are layers to it rather than an all-or -nothing like other companies I've been at. When I combine that with my base, my car and benefits I'm very happy with the package. My territory got smaller too so I have less overnights now. I think it all depends on what you're looking for. I want a company to grow at. I'm not looking to change jobs every 2 years. I went through a couple of pharma layoffs after big salary offers and barely a year in role. If they're new I'd be cautious.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate it. I think right now it's best to take the lower pay, but get the stability, the smaller territory, and growth potential. RC seems to be much more organized and have a much better training protocol. Also, the manager seems really great to work with. Thanks for the info, there are obviously a lot of naysayers on the board so it's nice to get some positivity!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know who may be hiring? Unfortunately I accepted a job here and regretably didn't pay attention to the posts on this site. I think my manager either has another job or is looking because he never responds to anything and the rest of my region thinks the area manager is following them or has their phones tapped because he so paranoid since we are so far behind on goals. Looking in east or southeast.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pet insurance companies and practice management software companies are the only ones I can think of that might be growing and hiring.
    Pharma sales is flat and overpopulated at the moment. Maybe once their done scaring away or shoving out any of the good old reps...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company phone ? Don't count on any privacy there. Everyone's a manager of some kind according to their business card. If he's smart he would respond whole looking.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While looking.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Territory Manager
    Butler Schein Animal Health, Inc. - Knoxville, TN
    The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to detail and sell pharmaceuticals, biologicals, sundries, equipment, programs and services through in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals in an assigned territory by contacting all accounts on a regular, routine, and consistent basis.

JOB DUTIES:

· Organizes call schedules, detail sheets, and samples on a continuous basis.

· Maintains or exceeds territory sales projections monthly as well as annually.

· Performs administrative tasks in a timely manner including, but not limited to: submission of expense and sales reports; processing of credits and returns; responding to and servicing customer requests for literature, credits, and bids; and maintaining account records, including invoice history, and account vital statistics.

· Works closely with Inside Sales Representatives and other internal departments to develop, maintain and service accounts in an effort to increase sales.

· Communicates with credit, collections, and customer service to assist in identifying, resolving, and collecting debt from accounts in a timely basis.

· Develops sales strategy for territory in conjunction with Region Manager by reviewing sales reports, account records, and trend information to increase territorial growth and increase sales volume.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

· A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in business management or animal health science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to fulfill the requirements of the jobs is acceptable.

· A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a veterinary or distribution environment or prior sales experience is preferred.

· Strong communication, writing, negotiation, time management, and organizational skills are required.

· Must have ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and technical materials related to sales.

· Must have ability to follow-through and solve customer problems.

· Demonstrated excellent track record in sales and marketing and an outstanding industry reputation are preferred.

· Must be self-motivated and goal oriented, requiring little day-to-day supervision.

· Laptop experience with sales force automation is a plus.

· Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule is essential. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.

BENEFITS:

Henry Schein Animal Health offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!

Henry Schein Animal Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated with undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Being yanked by Hank ? No thanks. Morsels in gravy or kibbles n bits.....not so bad after all.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends what it is. If there so new how can they offer much more ? Are they experiencing dependable steady growth with a unique in-demand product portfolio ?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst company in the industry. Poor leadership, awful management. Stay away.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avoid this company. Run by complete morons doing everything possible to kill any morale there may have been. No motivation and goals that are a joke. Most in my position stay at home and make stuff up on reports. Barely any accounts. No one wants to see me every 2 weeks. Keep adding titles but results are poor.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a former RC alum....I say avoid this company at all costs. It simply pays no money and offers no challenges that will catapult you out of....well, dog food sales. It's not like you will be featured in Forbes magazine, working at Apple, ...."former DM at Royal Canin...." It's a low energy, low intellect place.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one wants to see me every two weeks. So true...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

70k with bennies and maybe 15 hour work weeks. Stop whining and leave already!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess we're starting another movement. Maybe we should go back in the time machine when we hit goals, made bonus, and actually had managers that had a clue. Hmmmm????