Anyone heard that BioConfirm closed its doors

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Aug 9, 2019 at 1:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard from one person that one of the owners of BioConfirm took millions upon millions and ran off to Egypt leaving the company broke and unable to pay its bills so they closed their doors. I don't know if this is true or not. The lab industry is so shady with some labs still ignoring the laws such as EKRA and paying reps a commission. It doesn't matter if you are 1099 or W-2 according to the EKRA law as no compensation can be paid that is tied to either the number of specimens or the amount billed or collected. I hear of labs and brokers offering deals like this all the time. I think that the brokers think because they are not the reps that they will not get into trouble but they will as anyone who is profiting from such a payout is a target. I know of one lab already that the owners are being indicted because they were using telemedicine for CGX and PGX. CMS has already issues a statement that no telemedicine physician can have the necessary ongoing relationship with a patient to order CGX and it not be considered a screening test. Because CMS does not cover screening tests if a lab were to bill for that then that would be Medicare Fraud.

2. SarahReporter

SarahReporter new user

In this is true and anyone has first hand knowledge please call me- 202 579 0289

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another day, another Georgia lab.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Telemedicine isnt the issue persay..it was telemed not contacting patient and green lighting all. You have a major issue here as most drs are not very knowledable of test Criteria is if your eligible..not medically necessary. Anybody eligible can have the test..just like flu shot. My doctor git resukts and told my mom he wasnt sure how to read the results...fkin classic. Mkting company having people call 3rd party is concern...too much to comprehend.