Anyone leave yet

Discussion in 'Optimer Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had overlapping start and end dates for different employers before, and when asked the new employer understood that I worked out my vacation and stayed on the company payroll until the paycheck arrived. Nobody ever made a big stink about it. Nobody has the time to check these days anyways.

When I came to Optimer, my former employer downsized. We were still technically on the payroll because we were considered "working" until our separation payments and benefit continuance ended.

I would never give notice until after I started the new job these days. You never know what might happen if your new job retracts their offer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My offer letter states can not be employed by two employers at once

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No mention on mine..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I double dipped today, what's the big deal? Both holes were left happy

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just signed my offer. Whoo hoo! For those who have already resigned, did they cut you off immediately....I'll give two weeks, but that will basically be to tidy things up. Also, my vacation time is owed to me, correct?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you must be paid for vacation time. Congrats!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many so far? I'm guessing 5-6.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard all they want after resignation is all calls entered and they send you packing slip with what you must return.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I'll get right on entering those calls!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told that I must work the entire notice period or I will be given a "bad reference". What buLL$h!T! The only thing a company will release these days is dates of employment, maybe the title, ending salary (maybe) but NO references.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad reference! Who the blank cares. A previous poster stated that if we ask a new company they cannot verify if we don't want them to. And if I decide to use Optimer as a reference if I find myself unemployed down the road from my new perfect job, who are they gonna call. Astra Zeneca, Astellas??? In 6 months Optimer will be gone and this thread will have 0000000000 by it like all of the other dead companies.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only bad reference I am worried about is having Optimer on my resume! You know it's bad when you interview or talk with a recruiter and they say "What is going on over there, I got 80 resumes from people at that place." People get the fact that leadership is so bad, how could they screw up a perfect drug? Narcissistic leadership at every function at the top, that's how!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just say to the interviewer: "Let's just pretend that Optimer never existed and start with my company before that. This interview will go much better that way."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all would like to pretend that Optimer never existed.

At least the nightmare is coming to an end for most of us. It will be a noticeably empty meeting in San Diego

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will not be surprised if every opening is filled before the meeting. They are just filling territories with warm bodies. Many are hired (start-finish) within a week. Nt exactly a company that is positioning itself for the long run.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, YOU are the idiot, the previous poster is absolutely correct. Employers do background checks, and pharma reps are notorious for this type of shenanigans. Double dipping is unethical and very easy to catch. Companies do not report "when you received your last paycheck", they report "Your employment end date; there is a difference.

You will have no problem with your employer after optimer, but the one after that will be problematic. If your "end date" with Optimer is May 31, 2013, and your START DATE with your next company is May 3, 2013, there is a significant overlap which represents a double dip. There simply is no explanations for this. If confronted you will either have to state "oh, I forgot to resign from optimer" or "I purposely did not resign from optimer". Either way you are cold busted for stealing from Optimer.

There is no way around this, double dipping is easy to spot; there is absolutely no ambiguity around this. Many companies, will see this during a background check and take back their offers. Double dipping is stealing, and since you are so easily caught it is also stupid.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so pot on its ridiculous. How can the other dude even try to debate this. Even during a warn period, companies demand that you resign immediately if you start at another company, and still pay you severance. There is no doubt that double dipping is not only looked for, with pharma sales jobs, but easily caught.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will tell you definitively, that verifying employment dates is one of the most routine parts of the background check:

- Employment DAtes
    - Title
    - Education Verification

Many major companies outsource this data, and there is a service called "the work number" that confirms this information in a matter of seconds. Its just as easy as a credit check. Besides, how do you know that your employment wasn't verified. Sounds like BS to me. Optimer DEFINITELY verified your employment!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, this is only prior to an offer being made. Offers are conditioned on a successful background check, at that point they can verify anything. Besides, in most cases they do not SPEAK to anyone, and in many, the verification is done via a third party and your old company is never contacted directly.

Double dipping is stealing, and this is an HR issue that has nothing to do with your managers "OK". Perhaps some companies dont care, but most do; if they didnt, they would not do a background check! So why take the chance over a few dollars.

And remember, there will be a permanent record of this double dipping, so every subsequesnt employer will see it. Why take the chance for a few dollars?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wont be fired since this will be discovered easily during background check. In most cases the offer will be revoked.