Applied geting into the Energy Market?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a rumor that Applied Medical is trying to enter the Energy market and compete with Ethicon's Harmonic Scalpel, Valleylab's Ligasure and Gyrus? Anyone heard this? The name of their instrument is rumored to be something like "Voyant". If this is true, I wonder how such a player would do when most hospitals are on GPO contracts with EES and VL. Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF they were, I'd assume they would get on those same GPO contracts as well. Not to mention, you can be sure that even their "list, off contract" price will be a hell of a lot cheaper the VL or EES.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it is as reliable as their clip applier then who cares how cheap they are. Remind your Docs that these are the people who make that peice of junk clip applier and your business will be fine

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a bipolar device. Heard that it is coming out sometime in Q2. Gotta wonder why we would go into this market to begin with because it is so bloody saturated already with all of the bipolar devices that are out there?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

trust me, we have f---- up everything else we will conti. this as well!!! this company lies!!!! ALOT....!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe people still work for this piece of shit company....anyone who reads this that works for applied has to admit they don't pay worth a shit.....also they don't want to pay for expenses and the management SUCKS.....BUT THEY DO HAVE AN AWSOME CLIP APPLIER....HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU THINK????

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't forget their top-of-the-line specimen retrieval bag...combine that w/ the clips that don't occlude, and the 5mm trocar that is really an 8mm...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so are you telling me they ......did not tell me the truth at training....but loved the 2 tours of the plant!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing can be said about the trocar market and look what Applied is doing there. Every year another piece of the JJ empire is taken away from them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why are you still with them?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally different market. Trocars are commodities. If we're getting into the energy market, we better be able to clinically differentiate ourselves from VL, Gyrus, and EES. If price was such an issue, the Ligasure Impact($700 a device) wouldn't be as successful as it is right now. Most surgeons love their ultrasonic and bipolar devices and we better be able to bring something that they clinically approve vs. something that is cheapest on the market.
    Olympus has Sonosurg and Covidien has Autosonix which are both cheaper than Harmonic and guess who has the marketshare in that arena? The most expensive device, Harmonic. Low cost competititors already exist in the energy market so what is going to make our product so different and successful?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All this is very interesting. I was in a case the other day and the Valleylab rep had the new 5mm lap device, it was so much better then Gyrus, longer too. I think it has a grasper built in and there was no bleeding in the case, well except for my *^&$ trocar sites...Applied is so far behind the curve, how will they compete with that big Triad generator that Valleylab has...that thing looks awesome and every device gets plugged in to it. Wish I was working for Valleylab, but that rep isn't leaving...you can tell they are happy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I can tell YOU work for Valleylab. Dipshit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL.........
    THE BEST YET ...
    YES HE/SHE DOES ,oh and i am sure he is reeeeeaaaallllll happy

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Applied....I am not that other poster....but would suck a nut to have a job with them instead of this place!!!! Heck I would love one Anywhere else!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

blahahahaha. Applied getting into the energy market? I thought I heard it all folks. GPO's??? blahaha. GPO's have zero effect on Harmonic, Liggy, and Gyrus. Price is seldom very seldom an issue. The new 5mm Liggy looks greats, but so did the Advance-that worked out well, huh?? Gyrus continues to drag their feet but they have the strongest sales force of the 3, so they will continue to stay afloat for that reason only. Harmonic reps now have the Enseal which blows but they'll get some biz purely b/c they have 5 reps to 1 Liggy/Gyrus rep.

That's, in a very brief summary, the deal.

btw-applied reps sure do bitch a lot. damn.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so I understand Applied may be getting into the Energy market... has anyone heard anything about Applied developing an Endocutter or getting into that market anytime soon?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied is carrying Windmills now? Sheesh times are tough.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Windmills?