Applied geting into the Energy Market?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are obviously an Applied rep...you couldn't afford to buy groceries...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gyrus Rep here I paid more in taxes than you earn in a year Every one of those orange boxes we make 35 % . I am a direct rep if you are independent those guys rep many different companies and I know guys who pay there sub reps more than you make and ethicon and valley lab guys . I did not belive it so I had him prove to me ...he showed me his 1099's combined and it was over 7 figures yes I saw it .
    Plus this is the best place to be in devices since Olympus bought us .
    Hey but applied is a good entry level sales job , and if you are lucky you too might 1 day be able to sell ours products.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To sell a device you must have intellectual property. Patent was issued in 2004 so 6 years is probably about right to develop something from scratch. Interesting that this uses laser energy to help control electrical spread...not sure this is it but it's the only patent I found.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=2&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=74&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=%22Applied+Medical%22.ASNM.&OS=AN/"Applied+Medical"&RS=AN/"Applied+Medical"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 1 patent, from 6 years ago?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not our space? really? The same thing was said about Gelport and trocars....now its been discovered on how to bring several energy abilities together and profit from it. If other energy devices are to remain unchanged, why not innovate and make it better? Just like the hand assist and trocar market Appiled is nipping at the ankles of competition and if the proven track record continues....current energy products will be collecting dust just like the Ethicon Hand Un-Assist device.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, because a lot of surgeons are doing hand-assist cases when compared to straight up lap or robot. Maybe 5 years ago but I can't find a surgeon who does hand-assist anymore.

You're going to use our trocars as an example of "innovation"? Really? Trocars are a commodity. You give a surgeon an EES, Covidien, or Applied trocar and they can make it work without complaint. Heck, you give them one of those reusable metal trocars and they won't complain. We only get evaluations because we drop our pants on price. Did you ever notice that whenever we come out with a new tweak to our design that basically we just copy our competitors and what they did first?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why even bother? Go find another company you dipshit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe he or she is big on being able to post in the middle of the day? Not a lot of other decent companies offer that luxury. This so-called energy launch will be comical at best. Note the lap trainers from the NESM. I truly feel bad for the patients and the reps doing validations.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of patents filed, lots of smoke, but nothing yet? When is this going to be launched? Maybe we just don't want to mix it up in court with Covidien again. If they got bent over trocars, they'll throw a nutty over a vessel sealer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last I heard, making an electrical device is a bit more complicated than a plastic tube.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any "real" info if we are getting into the energy market? I hope not! Today I saw the Coviden combo device, autosonics and ligasure. It looked like it would blow away harmonic with more to offer. If we get into the business it will probably just be monopolar that's how we roll.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe Applied already has monopolar devices

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard that Applied coming into vessel sealing. So is Conmed and Microline, along with the hind-tit suckers at Aragon and Gyrus. J&J is trying to get Enseal to work. Man, it's getting crowded in the hall outside the OR. Nice to be in the OR with cases.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

question....i have 4 years of ortho device experience and was recently laid-off. their aren't ANY openings in my area except for a 5th tier cmf company and an assoc position with applied. i am deep in the int process with both. from my research, applied seems to be the better choice. i try not to let all of the negativity on this site get to me but "where theres smoke theres fire". my buddy worked for them, in another city, and said its a good company with good products but his personal experience wasnt the best. he said rather than make the most of the opportunity (his territory was created with accounts the other TMs didnt want) he choses to moan and cry. they eventually let him go because he was so negative, which he totally admits. anyway, im int. for a TMA position which they will turn into a TM in 7-11 mo. they said the two current TMs are too busy and they need help and cant cover their big territories alone. i would like some unbiased opinions from current or former reps. like my buddy, some of you have had bad experiences but was it really that bad or did you just not make the most of it? thanks!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me get this straight. You have four (4) years of ortho experience and you are considering working for Applied? Really? You must be desperate. This place is far beyond anything you have ever done. Seriously, look for something else.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's the energy line coming along? Any word on the lap trainers? Wheeeeee! This place rocks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then leave. What's holding you back?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't. I'm in love with you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stumbled across this thread while googling Applied Vessel Sealer, and cant help to chime in. It is amazing that some of you have the time to post this garbage. To all of the so called "Applied Reps" go find a job and quite crying. If you cant sell at Applied you will NEVER hack it at Covidien or EES. Like it or not Applied is the #2 provider of trocars in the U.S. and kicking Covidien's ass!!!!! All you haters sit back and watch your market share decrease as hospital after hospital's Value Analysis Committees jump all over the Applied Energy Device!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kicking Covidiens ass in trocars doesn't relate to energy. By the way, does Applied even have energy in the market yet? You really think you could compete against Ligasure? I would like some of what you're smoking. Must be some of that SoCal weed. Smoke up Johnny. Puff puff pass.