Applied geting into the Energy Market?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much of a head start did Cov and Ethicon have on trocars before Applied? How long did it take before Applied is #2? How much longer before they're #1?

Yhea, that's right. When Energy does hit, you can bet ligasur and harmonic will take a beating.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you carve-outs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because a plastic tube is comparable to a device that has many moving parts and is absolutely critical to the case.

Perhaps instead of worrying about energy, we could make a clip applier that actually works? We can't even create a clip applier that is capable of reliably sealing a vessel but we expect an energy device to work?

We are Applied, we sell on price and price alone. Clinical superiority? What's that?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, according to the NESM, we should be #1 in trocars at the end of this year. I'll get back to you in 2012 to see if we did. I'm not convinced that our energy (if we ever see it) will take away the market share that our trocars did. It's an entirely different ballgame.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are so many bitter and twisted Ethicon reps on here. What's the matter, scared?

Ha! pathetic.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Terrified of the new Applied energy device, much in the same way one would fear Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster or El Chupacabra.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw that quote earlier - so that's the way it's going to be from now on. See something and copy it. Might want to tell your gimps in EES 'cos they could do worse than copying from AMS.

For all you UnEthicon reps reading this - The Rapture has come - hold on to your balls - it's going to be a bumpy ride for you all.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll all be holding our breath while you fight with Covidien about trocars.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #74, is you are looking at a 5th Tier CMF company it has to be OsteoMed....Run!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about our energy line. It's all about three grains of salt these days.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious! What a waste of three days! I run into my Applied reps all of the time and have yet to see any of them carrying those fancy lap trainers. Ha!

I was let go from Applied after hitting 113% of plan last year and I never knew I could be so happy! I now sell something that truly benefits a surgeon in surgery. The best part is, my new company has been upfront with me on pay scale, I don't walk into the OR dodging dirty looks any more (yeah, thats right Applied is hated in almost every OR and hospital admin office - I'm told regularly), and I don't get nickled and dimed everytime I turn in my expense report. While I'm still pissed how it happened, leaving Applied was the best thing to EVER happen to me. I feel like I won the lottery!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what area of device did you go to?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me get this straight, a company that cant make a clip applier thinks they can make a energy device that works???

2nd; Applied Reps on here thinking they kicking ass because they see a product that is 40% less in price than the competition. Who in the world thinks they are a great sales rep because they can drop their pants the furthest??

I would like to see IQ test results of Applied people.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What difference does it make? Applied is the most detested company in any hospital I have. Any area or company is better. Most Applied managers wouldn't be in the positions they are in for ANY other company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The great thing is you won't be getting energy because you can't even sell a friggin clip.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the new breed of management can get it going. Then we can hit the market at the same time as Bovie and the next-generation EES devices.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we are six months after the NESM. Any of you practicing some role plays to get ready for the big move? I created about three different scenarios and practiced with a group of residents at the comedy club. How about ANALPOINT? Anyone have some good role plays ready?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What big move?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on what I've seen, you're getting trolled. There's no way we're close to having this thing ready to go. Haven't even heard that we filed for FDA approval. We totally overreached on this one. Back to clip appliers for us...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stayed in laparoscopy and call primarily on general surgeons.