APRIA Lays off again!

Discussion in 'Apria' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apria just did another round of lay offs in the NorthEast.
    Competitive Bidding is the real deal DME killer!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did MB get the boot?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor has it that Apria is positioning itself to be sold to Linde.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But why are there sales positions posted in the North east if they are laying others off?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they are laying off in Operations: Customer Service, RTs and Branch Manager.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hearing the same thing. Let's hope they don't adopt the Lincare pay scale or a lot of APRIA people will see a major pay cut!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

could you explain the competitive bidding comment as it relates to DME, i am considering applying and trying to better understand it all

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a coincidence, I just applied for a northeast position

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There have been layoffs in all areas of the company including sales. There are also still positions posted on the operations side as well in the NEA including BMs, techs and therapists. They will make it seem like it is business as usual until the announcement is made. It cannot be a coincedence that Lincare did not place any medicare bids in the NEA market. Thier plan is to purchase companies who won bids to take the core medicare business (like Apria).

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TEH WINNAR!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear anything new on this? Is Apria looking healthy to push the image to Linde to buy? This is the first I've heard of it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apria of Blackstone whatever name you want to use sold off their profitable infusion biz to concentrate on respiratory. Everyone who understands biz economics knows there is no profit right now in respiratory and Aprias respiratory side has posted losses in the last 3 years. Blackstone is a investment group who wants to make a profit within 5 years off investments they purchase, so how do they make up for the losses in respiratory? What is a companies largest fixed asset? Employees, so yes in order to improve the bottom line on the balance sheet and sell at a profit, they have to reduce the number of employees on payroll. Customer service is not even in the equation. DME's now sell for 1 times EBITDA which includes inventory. How do you increase that magic number, cut staff, cut purchases, cut expenses to try to increase revenue which should increase ebitda

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My inside sources say a major announcement was made today announcing that sales and ops management above the branch level will be consolidated. Should be an interesting year for those guys at Apria.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, interestingly enough, they have just announced that sales and operations above the branch level will report to a manager who is responsible for sales and ops, somewhat like Lincare's reporting structure. Sounds like there might be an acquisition of Apria by Linde before the end of 2014.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking more likely all of the time!

16. DME Viper

DME Viper Guest

Also remember that Blackstone bought Apria and Coram for 2.2 billion and just sold Coram for 2.1 billion. So anything Apria fetches over 100 million is money in Blackstone's pockets, more or less.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2008 -Blackstone buys Apria/Coram for 2.2 billion
    2013- Blackstone sells Coram to CVS for 2.1 billion
    2014? Blackstone sells Apria for (anything above .1 billion is icing on the Blackstone cake!)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is an idea, rather than wait to be bought out, why don't all of you leave Apria and find a company who actually has good benefits and pays well. I left 2 years ago. Couldn't be happier

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea......so where did you go?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is an idea, rather than wait to be bought out, bought out, why don't all of you leave Apria and find a company who actually has good benefits and pays well. I left 2 years ago. Couldn't be happier

Well, I know you didnt go to Rotech LOL!