Apria & Lincare

Discussion in 'Oxygen Reps' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thats why matt has between 60 -80 02 set up's a month

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no the reason he has 60-80 oxygens a month is because he is married to a physician who intercedes with her physician buddies on his behalf.

3. gene

gene Guest

Would someone please tell me Matt's last name or phone number. I have to contact him regarding a question of marketing for a DME company. Thanks for any help.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL LOL LOL I JUST left PPS. It is a joke. If you do manage to make any money, they will find a way to screw you out of it. Jason and Megan will NOT allow anyone to get ahead...Well, noone except Alex

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left PPS and was screwed out of my last quarter bonus. I had to leave due to the amount of lies. I was very suscessful before the merger with the old company. They came in and the patient went out the window along with the care and ability to service them. The only good thing with PPS is their sofeware. Any fool could use it. I went to Lincare and they were about the same. NUMBERS, Numbers, numbers. NO patient followup or care. I am now at Apria and I have the the chance to make a differance there. All big DME companies need the revenue to make a profit. But without any patients, you will be out of business. I am happy at Apria about 80% of the time. This is a very hard business to be in. It is what you yourself make out of it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started working for Apria this year. I have already worked for three other major DME companies. So far Apria is the best. Each branch is up to the people that work there. If the revenue is where it should be, they will let you run the business like it is your own. The other DME companies (PPS. Lincare and Roadtech) are all about numbers and with Apria it is up to the branch team to make the difference. A great manager will put the patient first and the business will follow with great service. However, similar to the other DME companies there are some downfalls. On a scale of 1-10, I can honestly rate Apria as an 8. The other major 3 would be rated as a 2. Only because it was a job and nothing more. This is a service industry. Patients are first at my location now, the previous manager did not do their job and therefore creating a huge clean up with the referrals and patients. I am very thankful that the upper management is allowing me the opportunity to do this. Now that I have found this site, I will post my ups and downs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

copy & paste a post !

i guess you did a copy & paste fron your post on a similar topic......how nice of you to beat the apria drum.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post HAD to be written by someone at the corporate office. I have been at both, Apria and PPS and Apria is NOT any better than PPS. Neither one cares about patient care, aqll about numbers. Is you say that isn't true, then why have our (apria) numbers been increased this year? No better than PPS.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say what you want about Apria but the best thing to happen to me as a Lincare rep was Apria's buyout of Praxair. Terrible reputation here in Texas meant smooth sailing once the legitimate competition was gone. Regardless, all DMEs are a joke to work for.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is this working for you now? PPS is on a slippery slope right now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: copy & paste a post !

Good luck with your sales if you can not write using the proper spelling. I can see why you must work for PPS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope, not perfect.

My sales are most likely as good or better than yours ( but who cares ), we prob work for the same co ( you'd be suprised ). Calm down...woooo, i hit the n instead of the m..oh my goodness........congrats on the good eye, maybe you should be a school teacher or college professor.... : )
    Dont try to join law enforcement and ask to be a detective. Get or clean your glasses.
    Good luck, please provide the best customer service experience you can. Your local medical community is counting on you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As of October 31, 2011 Apria is the sole provider for Humana Patients. Supposedly an an "EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT". Pretty much a suicide bid and a monopoly if you ask me. I feel bad for Humana patients. I think Apria and Humana are a a great depiction of our healthcare to come. Apria is doing so much illegal stuff its not even funny.

1. Apria is sending out letters to Humana patients with Humana letter head and telling the patients that they have to switch to Apria. If you look at the address at the top of the letter it is Apria's address.
    2. Calling Humana patients and telling them that they have to switch to Apria now or they will pay highter co-pays. (they dont have to switch until Oct 31st)
    3. Sending Drs letters with pre done perscriptions and stating that the patient has chosen to go with Apria and they are switching providers and the patient doesnt even know anything about it.
    4. Picking up other providers equipment and making the patient sign a disclosure saying that they are responsible for the equipment even if it is damaged and they will return it to the provider within 10 business days. They arent returning lots of the equipment.
    5. They are setting up Humana patients with used CPAPs. I had one patient completely refuse to take the cpap that they brought because it stunk so bad and had hard water build up in the humidifier. The respiratory therapist from Apria told her to just run some vineager through it and it would be fine.
    6. They are telling Humana patients in rural areas that they will only come out to see them every six months. (so basically they will be a non-service provider.

I could go on and on. All I can say is if my mom or dad was a Humana patient I would be switching them back to straight Medicare the day of open enrollement. APRIA SUCKS ....I would also advise any Apria patient that if they cant get the service that they are paying for to call the Better Business for your state and Medicare. Dont call Humana or Apria. They are two peas in a pod that wont do anything to help you.

GOOD LUCK HUMANA PTS SORRY YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS TYPE OF HEALTHCARE

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The owner of the previous post must be from Lincare, Key words are October 31. Going from Lincare to Apria, I can say that Apria is by far the best company. Lincare don’t care how they get a oxygen sale. They break almost every Medicare regulation that is out there. Why would anyone want to be a part of that? Yes Apria is the largest provider in the United States at this time with rules that we all follow and the goal of putting the patient first. This is something Lincare, PPS, Rotech and the rest of them can NOT say. This is one the main reasons why insurance companies are putting Apria on the top of the list.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line, Apria SUCKS!!! The very WORST patient care that ever existed, period. And Rotech renewed thier contract with Humana last week. That is a fact.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LINCARE BABY APRIA SUCKS YOU ALL DONT EVEN TAKE CARE OF YOUR PATIENTS. I HAVE TWO THAT DONT HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO SWITCH BECAUSE OF THE HUMANA CONTRACT AND THEY ARE PISSED. AND WAY JUST HAD TO PUT THAT OUT THERE.

LINCARE STILL NUMBER 1

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure Lincare will be overjoyed when they find out (if they haven't already), that Rotech has somehow had their in-network contract reinstated....how's that for an inside job? Of course, Apria might not be so happy either. Fact is neither have the geographic demographic to provide good service but it appears that good service is a thing of the past. Sorry folks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Send them to your local Rotech company. Don't reward Apria for thier underhanded tactics and unusally, terrible service. Maybe Lincare and Rotech can get together and put a serious hurting on Apria. That would be sight to see. I bet Apria would totally freak to see these two get together to put a hurting on them! I'm sure the local Rotech locations would help out in kind. I know we would.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a public official during the hurricane last month that has devastated many homes and business in upstate New York, I reached out to everyone within the oxygen business and was rejected by all but one. Apria was the only company that delivered oxygen concentrators and supplies for the devastated people without homes at NO charge to the shelter. They were at the shelter within 45 minutes from my call. I am still waiting for return phone calls from all of the others (we care about people) and I know going forward who to call. Apria Healthcare will be our county first call going forward. They are the only ones that mean what they say and really do care about people. Keep an eye out for the newspaper that will confirm this.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obvious planted story from Apria.. Apria was one of the few that would NOT help during hurricane katrina. I'm sure there may be a few decent locations in Apria, but VERY few. Most are blood-sucking parasites that could care less about their own patients, let alone others.