April Fool - you're fired!

Discussion in 'Uroplasty' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First order of business by the newly formed Cogentix Medical; fire a large group of people during a conference call! And they say mergers don't result in efficiency.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who all was fired? Just sales or in-house people too?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lucky people. This company is a train wreak.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wasn't. I don't think anyone was.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some were, some will be. In two companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were 12 VS sales people, now there are 8
    There were 44 Uroplasty reps, now there are 40 according to Hammers conf call.
    Clinical folks were let go and some home office folks will be next.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 of the remaining 40 reps will not be around in one year. The smart ones will leave willingly, and I feel sorry for the not so smart ones. There is a big difference between selling a $65 lead set and a $40,000 capital equipment. Not everybody can do both…..just wait and see the dominos fall.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made $140K last year. I know there are others that have made more and will be trimmed. Has anyone made over $200?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 200K. Really!!!!! If your base is 60, and you hit quota every month, plus the 7,500k UPC bonus for another 72K, that's $132K. You would have to be 450K over quota to get 15% of that to hit 200K. My quota was so unrealistic many months that maxing out the comp plan was not obtainable. My guess is that they will present this great comp plan that is 170ish at plan. The problem is that the plan will be unobtainable.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many reps hit plan last year?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the entire Reimb Dept was dissolved. Only inhouse Reimb assistant remains.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You heard correctly. You don't need reimbursement when you have ignite selling skills.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

......and we are not done yet, though timing of the next house cleaning is unpredictable. do not be surprised when the next sweeping er house cleaning comes along.

I know many who are very unsettled about all this and just wish they know their fate quickly so that they can carry on with their lives. it is a downer for them, and this certainly is not helping with the morale around here

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right about the morale. I would say it has not bottomed yet.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kid Rock said it best: Go where you're celebrated, not tolerated.
    When the goals of the company don't meet your own goals, then it's time to seek new opportunities. No grousing or waiting to learn if your job is eliminated. Take control of your own destiny.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think a lot of reps are looking. There will be a mass exodus soon.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As soon as Medtronic releases the Nuro and everyone is living on their base, all the reps will be gone. Well the smart ones anyway!!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In house remains? Good luck finding him. Must have some special deal to work part time, if that, yet get paid full time. Where do I sign?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true. We always wonder where he is at. Maybe he gets off easy as his boss DM is in Orangeburg most of the time, who keeps track of him?