AQUA Conference Call

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never heard so much talking in circles. No clear answers provided. Yikes. Iceberg ahead!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does AQUA have any independent clinical data to support its use?

Can't see how an insurance company's going to pay for a spendy test that hasn't received a "stamp of approval" from an industry-recognized medical association. Just ask Genomic Health how much evidence they needed to submit before the plans would cover Oncotype Dx....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 1/2 hours well spent listening to useless babble. Smoke and mirrors..... Keep telling yourself that something was accomplished.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's AQUA?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't have much evidence at all.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smoke and mirrors.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates on Her2 testing? Has the problem been resolved?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm.... Crickets.

Never a good sign. (Oh wait, head pathologist removed from initiative and brand director that launched product asked to leave)

Not good signs either....

Oh wait again..... All posts speaking against AQUA are being deleted from this site...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh wait...... numerous cases getting cancel for various reasons and clients asking why

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aqua is a test that has little clinical relavance and a history of non payment by insurance. We may as well sell Aqua Velva aftershave to our clients. Novartis bought a crapper company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the 04/25/2013 edition:
    US sues Novartis for False Claims Act violations, kickbacks
    By A on Apr 25, 2013 07:55 am

The Justice Department announced two days ago it was suing the Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis for violations of the False Claims Act that began in 2005. It is alleged Novartis paid kickbacks to at least twenty pharmacies to ““convert” (i.e., switch) patients to Myfortic from competitor drugs and/or to oppose the use of a cheaper, generic immunosuppressant drug.”

Myfortic is a long-term immunosuppressant used for solid organ transplant recipients.

The government alleges Novartis attempted to hide the kickbacks by disguising them as performance rebates, discounts or bonus payments. In one case, Novartis is alleged to have paid a Los Angeles pharmacist hundreds of thousands of dollars to switch 700-1,000 patients to Myfortic.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What type of Data do we have on this test.. Cohort Studies...Do you have any.Studies that show anything that will keep my pathologists from attacking me whenever I try to get appointments on this Aqua lack-of Data ...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is limited data on AQUA. The company wants us to promote the BCIRG data for HER2 but 1) it doesn't stick with paths because we're taking money from them and questioning there abilities 2) the majority of blocks are exhausted or denied due to false claims of "no tumor present or poor processing." 3) There is no direct comparison between AQUA and Oncotype.
    I refuse to promote it because ethically it's a sham. Ask fat ass how many AQUA tests are being cancelled or requesting additional blocks. It's alarming.
    AQUA is a failure as is everything else with Genoptix.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The companies knowledge of the pathology market went out the door with Chris E. We have no idea what paths do for a living. Heres a hint, they practice evidence based medicine. Get us some evidence.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got ripped a new one today by a Breast Surgeon. I was going into a Medical Oncology office and noticed a Breat Surgeon across the hall. I caught her returning to her office from a day in the OR. She hit me with questions about something called the NSBP14 and 20.
    She said that Oncotype used this but the data they obtained was good but something about using cohorts against themselves. She said Clarient did a lot better job with the data.

She claimed that there are 10 companies trying to get into this BCA market and that the only hope is for those with lots of data and Chemopredictability.

It was really hard to drive after I spoke with her. I felt so small that I could not see over my steering Wheel!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should consider another profession or learn your product inside and out before ever, ever talking to a surgeon again. Leave those calls to us experienced reps who know when a product is junk and how to target appropriately.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you "experienced reps" should ride along with SG - your managed care guy - cuz he can't explain why us payers should ever consider bringing you guys in-=network...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because there is no explanation...there is no reason.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's due to limited data and the test not being proprietary. Anybody can run it. We don't own the rights to AQUA or MDS Profile. Genoptix is another "me too" lab but with inflated prices and unethical practices.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Mr. Manager, are you saying this product is a piece of JUNK?