Arapaio admits guilt with realizing he admitted guilt

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by anonymous, Jan 16, 2018 at 1:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Out of the 'you can't make this shit up department comes this:

Joe Arpaio appeared on The Beat, hosted by Ari Melber, and discussed his pardon. "The president—I never asked for the pardon—pardoned me because he knew that this decision was wrong," Arpaio said, before claiming he had some sort of appeal in the works. Melber then seized on the facts surrounding Arpaio's case.

"Let me ask you another important question because you brought up this unusual but lawful pardon that you received from the president," Melber responded. "As you know, when you take a pardon you're admitting guilt. Why did you take that pardon and admit guilt?"

From there, it seemed pretty clear Arpaio did not know everything that accompanied his pardon. "I didn't admit guilt. I said I was not guilty, and I say it today," Arpaio responded.

"But you accepted the pardon, and you know under the law that is an admission of guilt," Melber said.

"No, I don't know about that," Arpaio said. "I'd have to talk to the legal scholars."

Melber then walked the sheriff through a Supreme Court case, Burdick v. United States, that makes clear a pardon "carries an imputation of guilt and acceptance of a confession of it."

"Do you understand that's the legal implication of what you did, by accepting that pardon?" Melber asked. Arpaio didn't really answer the question.

"I'm not a lawyer. But the president can make any decision he wants on a pardon. And I'm not going to argue about what your decision is. I'm sure his lawyers have reviewed it."

Vagitarian likes this.

2. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

3. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

YAWN. He’s a non-factor.

4. Vagitarian

But he puts on a bad face for the Republican Party. This will eventually bite them in the ass. :cool:

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is that? He's an innocent man and a folk hero. Meanwhile you're a fool. :cool:

6. Vagitarian

If he was innocent, he wouldn't have needed a pardon. You pardon a person who has been convicted of a crime, THEN they are innocent. :cool:

7. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I listen to him about as much as I do race pimp Corey Booker, or your Senator, Willie Brown’s Whore Vag.

8. Vagitarian

If he was innocent, he wouldn't have needed a pardon. You pardon a person who has been convicted of a crime, THEN they are innocent. :cool:
    Willie Brown is a Senator? Correction: Willie Brown was in the state Assembly which is the LOWER HOUSE in our bicameral state legislature. He was also Mayor of San Francisco. BIG difference in those positions and US Senator. Big difference Libs.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're such an easily led fool. That's why you accept the yoke of tyranny so easily. :cool:

10. Vagitarian

And you walk blindly along with those who wish to limit freedom of speech. :cool:

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, I don't even know what you're talking about. Probably another absurd lie of yours.