Are the rumors true?

Discussion in 'Karl Storz' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen - what has changed is results and the results have changed for several reasons which we all know. These guys have always been exactly who they are now, there's nothing new about their lack of vision and leadership. There's nothing new about their reliance on the ideal that "a real salesman can sell anything." well, nothing that comes that easy lasts forever. Nothing.

In a sales driven company, you are a number and what matters to them are your numbers. It's cliche but, they absolutely do not care about you. Not even marginally. No matter what they stand on stage and try to sell the audience at NSM. No matter what the recruiters say when they call a prospective candidate. No matter what they say during the interview. They don't care about you, no different than most other companies, particularly in medical devices.

What is new however, and dare I say, different, than most companies is the lack of direction. KS has had the good fortune of steady climb for many years, thanks to the efforts of solid tenured reps which they are now losing, if to nothing else - retirement. What leadership has not had to do, is weather the storm. CW and JL offer no direction and coaching on how to deal with fluctuations because they don't have the strategic vision to do so. they don't know how to establish different methods based on current market conditions and competitive threats.

they are told what to do and when to do it by an 80 yr old woman on another continent. I am all for working in an environment absent of a board of directors, but where is the leadership - what is their vision and how do they plan to shift gears to adapt to the ever changing economic and political climate related to healthcare?

Relying solely on your sales teams' relationships is a dangerous way of doing business. No global strategy, no domestic strategy, no product development, no marketing efforts, no infrastructure to support the new sales segmentations and zero accountability for in-house staff and management - dangerous.

My kids approach selling their Girl Scout cookies with better business savvy than CW runs this company.

And given that they don't see any of this - they should be shitting in their pants.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Are the rumors true? Key sales people are bailing in record #'s

You Storz Core/Surgical guys are such cry babies. You keep calling yourselves big hitters, but all you do is strike out when it comes to winning deals against stryker. You guys may have been something 8+ years ago, but what have you done lately.

The segmented salesforces (Uro, Head and Neck, etc) have out grown you guys, and guess what, they are leaving faster than the core/surgical guys are.

Face it, no one wants to hire you old school core/surgical guys. When was the last time you got out of bed, and got your ass into the OR?

Storz is the only thing you have. Enjoy making your $130K this year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very well put.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ha love that - good stuff!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well stated. nice work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope Olympus buys us!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

these jokers have been making crazy money off of us for years. the well is running dry for them and they are losing their damn minds. you're right they don't care about us - they care about their bank accounts

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JL has got to be retiring soon. there's a reason they shipped him up to BFE Charlton.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Standby-more chickens are about to fly the coup. It is getting ready to get real ugly around hear with the names that are about to drop.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this meeting is bullshit as usual. at least they are consistent.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep bitching about management you losers. If you could get jobs elsewhere you would be gone already. Get out of bed and sell something.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you have that Olympus would want? Old drunks on the sales force? 10 year old technology? Bipolar that doesn't work? Storz is a complete joke. The reps that made quota actually LEFT the company!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great post CS! you are a true karl storz leader.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the whole thing is such a disgrace. for those of you who lived through the HD launch, people took to this site to sword fight against each other. and by each other, i mean KS vs Stryker. that was one thing. but i have never worked at any company in which people go online and trash EACH OTHER: employees, managers, ownership.

to be clear: i am not saying that the negative comments on here aren't true. i'm just discouraged at what possibly lies ahead when this is the current dynamic both in the field and in-house.

what the hell has happened to us?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i can't decide what's worse: the guys that have been around since Moses on the amateurs who come here to whine and complain. it's entertaining, nevertheless.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old guys are the ones complaining. The people hired less than 3 years ago are just leaving. The guys that have. Been around for a long time have no where to go. No one wants those washed up has beens.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN brother.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, Chris. Thanks coach.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was far too late an adopter of cafepharma. this is rather entertaining. thank you all.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the writing is on the wall people.