Are we all going to be let go?

Discussion in 'ZS Pharma' started by anonymous, May 28, 2016 at 7:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not sure what to think of this if we get pushed back a year.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me spell it out for you, if you don't have a product to sell the company doesn't need your services

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Underscores the risk in jumping ship before product approval. However, risk-taking is essential in securing new opportunities and advancing one's career. Unfortunately, this time things did not work as planned.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is the stupidest logic I have ever heard of and the truth is everyone bought the bullshit ZS was selling and you got burned.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will guarantee you 95% of the individuals who you feel are "successful" in their career (financially or title, etc) and I will guarantee you they took at minimum one risk in their career. I get it, risk is not for everyone however for many it works for them. Ive taken a few risks and some have been extremely lucrative and others not so much. I am not the type of person who would be happy sitting at big pharma doing the same things on day 1 as I would be doing on year 5. There is no wrong or right it's what just works for each individual.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well hopefully for your salesforce it will be quicker than anticipated…every time something like this happens, management uses this to scare their sales forces from leaving. Had to be tough getting the news over the long weekend with no answers. Good Luck friends!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Despite what they tell you it will be at least 9 months or more.
    Not sure in this case what they will do . I had this happen to me many years ago with a big pharma and they just redirected us to sell other products they had. With ZS there is nothing else unless they have you doing something with AZ

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when does everyone think they'll let us know if we're safe in the long term?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they are telling you "business as usual" or "It will only be a few weeks or months" that should be the sign to go out and look for something else.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one in Pharma is safe for the long term, everything is 9-12 month contract. Enjoy your sign on bonus and nice salary until they pull the plug. The FDA also mentioned they hadn't even reviewd all the data so you are at least one year out for approval.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no way in hell that they hold onto this sales force. AZ is not known for patience in situations like this. Plus why hold the sales force when they can save the money and just build a new one when the time comes.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is going thru a $1.1 billion cost cutting as we speak.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True! I sold the same drugs to the same docs for years and during the last few years of it I was bored out of my mind. When an opportunity came to Opt Out with severance ahead of a re-org/lay-off I took it!

14. antonymous

antonymous Guest

Good News for you!! You will be selling Brilinta to Cardiology. You will be the 3rd or 4th rep calling on the same customers. AZ is clever they are training you so they can layoff a good portion of the AZ CV reps come January 2017. We have another Brilinta trial set to report out in the fall. Pascal the CEO loves to fire tenured reps. He has stated turn over is good, he is not a believer in relationships. Congratulations , I think most of you will be safe for the next 2 years

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

phew!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really, they are going to keep this sales force with their very high salaries instead of the existing sales force with much lower salaries? Zs 9 may never be approved. Makes no sense

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you posting as if we didn't already know this well before 6/3? You act as if you are telling us something new and its breaking news?! Looks like you were one of the last to know. Where in the world have you been?! You must be an CD AZ rep...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to the bullshit world of Pharma

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm? You may be correct if what you say about salaries is true. The base salary range at AZ for CV is 95-120k most of us make 105k. Our bonus structure just changed with top performers making a ton of $$ so 25 on average for bonus

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many ZS people making 150k plus signing bonus. Generous car allowance.