Are we getting sold to Valeant?

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know we get sold at the end of february?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't. Unless this is a director divulging insider trading info.. I doubt that. Some things on CP are true some things not so much.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%, no way that info could be posted that's insider trading.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be before that according to finance papers. Ista has to decide by Jan. 31st. We've all been waiting to get the heck out of here! Stick a fork in us already... Nobody even works anymore.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a shame. I was just starting to get the hang of this whole ISTA-pal thingy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are still doing that? LOL. I sold it as follows: Doctor, our coverage is so bad we have to pay a company to try to get our drug approved. Wanna hear about it?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today's stock activity will be a sign of what's to come. If it takes a sharp drop on high volume, as I suspect it will, that would be a good indication that Ista is not moving forward with the Valeant offer. The investors always somehow "seem" to know what is going to happen right before it does. I'd like to see it drop back down around $5. Any shorts out there?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is official. Valeant has withdrawn their offer. Stock will plummet today. I would sell ASAP. Wait for this to settle the buy at the bottom. I will be honest. I do not think Ista is all that attractive to many companies. Pipeline is not strong with an iffy nasal spray as it's only real potential. I do not see new offers coming any time soon IMHO. Goob bye $8 a share for a long time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Latest Press Release From Ista off the website...

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=121179&p=RssLanding&cat=news&id=1653979

RSS Content
    ISTA's Board Reiterates Commitment to Maximizing Shareholder Value Through Strategic Review Process
    IRVINE, CA, Jan 30, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) --The Board of Directors of ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISTA) today reiterated its commitment to maximizing shareholder value and said it will continue its previously announced review of all strategic options available to the Company. The Board issued its statement in response to a press release from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) announcing that Valeant had withdrawn its unsolicited proposal to acquire ISTA.

ISTA's review of its strategic options, which the Company publicly announced on December 16, 2011, is advancing expeditiously and in a manner consistent with the Board's fiduciary responsibilities. ISTA is currently in dialogue with a number of parties that have expressed an interest in pursuing a strategic transaction and remains committed to maximizing shareholder value.

Vicente Anido, Jr., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of ISTA, said, "ISTA remains committed to reviewing the full range of strategic options that are available to the Company. While we continue to make excellent progress and are pleased with the level of interest generated to date, it will take time to complete a thorough and thoughtful review. We repeatedly offered Valeant the opportunity to participate in our strategic review process on a level playing field with others, but it was clear Valeant was only interested in an approach that would have effectively excluded others. We informed Valeant that there were simply too many other companies that had indicated strong interest in ISTA for us to take that approach."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeants out!

whos next?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vince is an idiotm he should have taken the money and ran. Ista has a weak pipeline and how many coats of lipstick can you put on bromday, prolensa, xibrom, etc !

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed by all reps and company wide that us the sentiment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stock is at 8.10....not bad. Better than 3 something

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fantastic career opportunity:

oh yes, this is a perfect place for all of our ridiculous dm's, worthless rm's, not to mention a great new home for our upper management