Are you happy at Otsuka?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's up with the Reimbursement team hirings? Any info with those? Recruiter contacted me and feeling things out right now.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviews are next Thursday (3/29) or the following Monday (4/2).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'd be happier if they would stop micromanaging. 5 years ago it wasn't so bad. It continues to get worse as far as their micromanaging

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RAM jobs are posted and interviews are being set. Oh and the the complete tool who posts all the negative shit to the guy who just got hired- dude you should leave this company if your so bitter. Lifes too short and your taking up space here. Selfish little prick!
    New dude-Congrats! Its a good gig. The micromanager shit is all specific to your own manager-not all of us are annoying and ask for nonsense reports but with that said there is some responsibilities that are essential.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interviewed here, got turned down, i'm pissed

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider yourself lucky.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would have been miserable! I started there 9 years ago and heard tremendous things about the pipeline. They haven't launched dick since then. Thankfully, I left 7 years ago.

Great benefits
    Poor cilture
    Some nice people in both field and home office
    Old school RM's with no post 2000 field sales skills hampers communication with Reps
    I'm hearing that some weasels back when I was there are finally getting RM jobs.

Don't be pissed. Best of luck finding a job but be happy it's not here

8. SB Hart

SB Hart Guest

I used to work there and was happy and successful until the new leader from Japan went all Jack Welch. Then extreme micro management became the norm. In my case a moronic DM that spit more than Lou Holtz (hey Mike) and was the third choice for an RD spot a few years back came in and thought just because he talked really fast and threw in a big word periodically, that he was fooling/impressing everyone. What a jackass! He also hired a psychotic/anorexic (yeah right, that's Crohn's causing your rail then ass, bald spots and vomit worn teeth) after she (Hey Lynn) was fired from another company for some resume falsification bullshit. I had Drs. ask me on subsequent office visits after our ride alongs what her problem was. Otsuka used to be great company and Abilify was/is a great drug but some in management and the complete over micromanagement became way over the top. If I were to fart while driving my company car I would I would have to enter into my call notes at what mile marker, how bad it stunk, and if I had to roll the window down or not! That's exaggerating but you get the picture. Otsucka!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laughing so hard at previous post because of it's accuracy

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky you....I laughed so hard I sharted!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me they gave you feed back..... I know that a lot of great reps don't make the interviewing process. Those who are REALLY good at interviewing are really bad at working. I know you will find something that will be a better fit. Appreciate the feed back. Good Luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Otsuka is a good company, but they micromanage far more now than they did years ago due to new leadership. It also depends upon your manager. I think it's absurd that they want oer 8 calls a day in a specialty arena when most primary care do not write this drug.

It is a waste of time. We should have a 6 call a day average as it is so difficult to see all the people they want us to see. I know other companies with speciality drugs do not have a 8.5 call a day average. And they hold the reps to it at this Company with their endless trackers. Waste of time

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New poster here. The above is a scary thought, as you are right about CPD in specialty (depending on location of course), and it is even worse as a hospital rep (position I am considering in NS). What are the repercussions if calls per day are not meeting expectations (specifically, if your sales numbers are)? This is a concern for me. I can spend 2-3 legitimate, well-spent hours in an account, and I am not interested in having someone telling me how to do a job I do exceeding well my way.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with the op. I like the company but man they are totally into metrics. The first few months you get a reprieve because you are new, but by the end of year one they expect those metrics ( call average) to be met. Unfortunately it means feeding the computer for many. I agree.. 5 to 6 really productive calls ( which would include a breakfast or lunch)means more than racing around grabbing calls for the H of it.