arita switches issues

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Dec 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh boy !! this is the 6th chassis we are replacing again. I know network engineering wants to keep us busy but for good god man have us do something else than keep racking and unpacking the same darn switches. Did you guys ever test these - me and the guys are meeting each other at the damn door with the same switches back and forth.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well first off - they are arista not arita but anyways hear you brother. Most of network engineering were against these switches - you know where these decisions come from. You should have management join you to unpack and rack these.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

deployed several switches in the past and never had to replace so many sfps and be on so many calls. Seems like network engineering keep blaming cabling when the real issue is stupid switches.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ye dumb shits had me busy this weekend as well with these lame switches. VP got shit canned because of these switches whos next in network engineering? thinking to just unplug these switches - Accenture won't miss them and we will get peace for a weekend or two.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My management over at Pharm and Neutro did not buy in to the sales pitch from network engineering director. On the call they were forcing us to the new solution and were desperate and refused to swap out our cisco switch with newer Cisco standard. so my management decided to just buy newer cards for the existing cisco switch. We can play that game too without deploying your untested stool. we have our own budget so we will be going to cisco directly and work with them to figure out the newer standard.