Arthrex foot and ankle line

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Arthrex's foot and ankle line?

I've tried looking up www.arthrex.com and it keeps stalling so my computer wont pop up there site. So wanted to see about what others think of it? I know there sports medicine line is top notch.

Thanks for any input.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is going to be different for every distributor and for each territory. I wouldn't take the job unless the territory sells at least 500,000 annually (not what it could do... what it does do.) or you get a base salary that you can live with that comes with either a commission structure or bonuses based on whatever.

Remember you have to pay for gas, phone, drive your car, drive trays everywhere, cover cases and occasionally you have to sell stuff. Oh, and you have to make enough money to survive.

Foot and Ankle positions for Arthrex (and everyone else) tend to have high turnover. There is a lot of competition and essentially the products are the same with a couple of niches here and there. If you want to get into the business or move up from a company smaller than Arthrex it may be worth it. If they can't put anything in writing or show you the numbers on a computer screen I would move on.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to sale the line, its a pretty good line. You can't get onto the website because Arthrex has it pretty guarded, you have to be a doc or a rep to get access. The thing that made me successful was that I could be a one stop shop for doctor. I could provide everything for the case (plates, screws, soft tissue anchors, suture, biologics, allografts) and the doc would only have to call on one rep. They do have a few niche products that docs like (achilles suture bridge, tightrope, bio-tenodesis system).

I really enjoyed selling the line BUT my distributor was a total prick. Also, Arthrex made all distributors go to 10%, or less, and be a W2 with terrible benefits. I enjoyed selling the product line but my distributor made the job miserable. Every distributor and territory is different. Selling Arthrex used to be a career job, now I think it's a stepping stone job. I worked with a lot of really good reps and they all left because they took pretty significant pay cuts.

Make sure you do your research about the distributor and the territory.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex made all distributors go to 10%? Please explain.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I started, we were getting 10%-20% comm., depending on the price we sold the item to the account. For ex: I could sale a Bio-Corkscrew for $100 and make 20% comm., or I could sale it for $70 and make 10% comm. The thought process was to motivate reps to sale the products at the highest price. What was really happening was reps were avoiding getting there items stocked on the shelf (because that would require lower price point and result in lower comm. percentage) and spending too much time running product around to sale at higher price point, have no time for sales calls, and not penetrating their respective territory. Some distributors gave the reps a small salary and paid them 6% comm. (St. Louis & Kansas City distributor).

I don't know if this was at the direction of Arthrex (Rhinehold) or if Arthrex cut each distributors overall comm. and they just passed the buck down to the reps. Anyway, its a good product line to sale and can be a good job, it just depends on each dist/territory.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI:

sale - noun 1. the act of selling. 2. a quantity sold. 3. opportunity to sell; demand: slow sale.

sell - verb (used with object) 1. to transfer (goods) to or render (services) for another in exchange for money; dispose of to a purchaser for a price: He sold the car to me for $1000.
    2. to deal in; keep or offer for sale: He sells insurance. This store sells my favorite brand.
    3. to make a sale or offer for sale to: He'll sell me the car for $1000. 4. to persuade or induce (someone) to buy something: The salesman sold me on a more expensive model than I wanted. 5. to persuade or induce someone to buy (something): The clerk really sold the shoes to me by flattery.

Please understand the difference...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, it's forum/blog. Hi point was made. Thanks for going to the dictionary to cut/paste and educate us. Now go put someone else to sleep.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the doucher giving the english lesson. you must be an ex teacher turned "medical sales rep." btw working for arthrex automatically makes you a douche because that company will hire slap dick scrub techs who like making $40k a yr to call themselves device reps! ahahaha

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was your distrubutor?