Article about the illegal sanofi employee review process

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Jun 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They did that crap in the United States year after year for at least 5 years. They are still doing it. Everyone knows that they have to hand out a certain number in each category regardless. I would love to have a tenth of the protections that the French have. May I also take this opportunity to say that Sanofi is run by a bunch of fucking Nazis?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The game is rigged duh

In the United States, where the practice was invented, it is called "forced ranking", "forced ranking" or "forced under-notation". This is an evaluation method that classifies employees into different categories. Nothing illegal until then. It is when this method is based on pre-defined quotas that it is illegal: 20% of employees must exceed the objectives, 70% reach them, and 10% must be in the category of those who do not reach them . Charge managers to achieve these quotas, even if they fail to score high-performing employees to respect the quota of non-performing employees.

During a several-month investigation, we discovered that this practice would be in place at Sanofi Aventis Group, one of the leaders of the CAC 40. A practice condemned in France by a decision of the Court of Cassation in March 2013.

Our investigation is based on the anonymous testimony of many senior executives at Sanofi. These executives are very attached to their company, are not unionized and are not in the habit of challenging the instructions of their hierarchy. After a long hesitation, they decided to speak under the seal of anonymity to denounce a practice they consider unfair.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They want you to quit it's easier for them

This system of forced quotas is a kind of reservoir of potential redundancies. Because, once placed in the worst of categories, employees are like in a "nasse". And to say that it is not easy to get out. Of course, officially, the manager must put in place an improvement plan to accompany them and help them progress. But it is not an accompaniment, it is a marking to the panties. And if we are in the sights of the hierarchy, we left to stay there.

According to figures given by a manager on his department, of 39 people classified in the worst category in August 2016, 20 had left the company a few months later. That is, more than half.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forced ranking was introduced because managers who want to be liked tended to rank every employee "above average", even if the employee was a dud. Then those duds, when they get fired, walk into court with their stellar appraisal forms claiming discrimination and win.

The fact is that most employees are, by the very definition of the word, average. Some perform better and some perform worse. Even previously high performers, when they get promoted to a new and more challenging job, will underperform the first year as they get used to the new role. Employees need honest feedback, and managers that don't give it aren't doing anybody a favor. You don't have to look very hard to know who on your team is doing better or worse, but you are a weak and ineffective manager if you don't call them out.

This is not the third grade where everybody get a trophy for participating.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Duh you miss the point managers were forced no matter what to have a certain percentage of people on their team to receive low performance ratings regardless if they were performers. Also the layoff didn't reflect that performers were kept. In fact, low performers had just as good of a chance of making the cut as top performers did. Force ranking works in 'real' sales just not in pharmaceutical sales where many things are subjective as opposed to objective.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a moron. Sanofi will likely be sued. I hope you testify for the defense. It will be a slam dunk for employees if you do. Nazi.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stack ranking weeds out the dead weight. It forces accountability. The strong eat the weak so pick up your game or get fired. Your choice. Crying like a bitch only shows why you need to go !

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so full of bull%*#! Seriously. Thank God I'm in a territory where I still have access to offices and my three largest payers haven't excluded our products. THAT makes all the difference. I'm watching amazing reps get their asses handed to them bc of these two huge reasons. YOU must live & have worked in a territory like me bc clearly you don't understand what the hell is going on out here. Forced ranking due to issues that truly are out of reps' hands should be illegal. You're a f'ing prick for not admitting that. Seriously.... a f'ing prick. Oh wait a minute.... are you the a-hole that lost is CVS Caremark??? I bet you are bc you're a moron.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Equality is about giving up the constant desire to lift yourself above others so that you appear superior to them. Awakening is about lifting everybody up together with you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love you uplifting wise blogger

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didnt i tell you to stop crying like a bitch ? You make top performers like me look damn good. Appreciate it !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top performer huh. Kind like being the tallest midget at a midget convention.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not bitching. I'm calling a spade a spade. My numbers look pretty damn good. I don't have nearly the same issues & obstacles going on in other territories though. Seriously.... I'm lucky I've got access to do lunches and I don't have a whole lot of CVS Caremark or United so I'm able to SELL. I'm doing pretty well but I can't say I'm better than the reps that have no access and a ton of CVS Caremark. I'll admit it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top or bottom your still getting f@cked

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello! I want to say THANK YOU for pointing out access and insurance issues! That is also my frustration! There is no quota being met or bonus money now because Sanofi is paying out for those reps who have the access and no insurance issues and able to get in front of key people. Has nothing to do with how great, average, or poor the rep performs! Some of us dont have that luxury! Sanofi has made poor hiring judgements in corporate, all about metrics instead of real selling, and blotched the last 2 launches in Diabetes and it's up to the sales force to turn that around AND THEN decides to reward on performance! What a joke!