Asking for the business...

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was wondering if anybody out there actually closes their customers at the end of calls? If so, what is your go to close? I can’t decide if (A) closing even works or (B) it’s worth doing at the risk of hurting your reputation with your customers...

Ive been a drug/biotech rep for nearly 5 years and while it happens rarely, there are times when i can tell it’s not a big leap to ask someone for the business, it’s almost like they are waiting you to ask. But the majority of the time I’m not comfortable asking because it doesn’t seem appropriate at the time, so i just avoid it altogether... is that wrong?

I know we all know the sales models that each company teaches us and how important it is to close, but what really happens with everyone else? What works?? Some people say always close (ie your not going to get the business if you don’t ask), some say hardly ever close (for it will hurt your rapport w your customers), while others thing it depends on the customer...

I’m not talking about the hardcore and aggressive, “will you prescribe product X for the next 10 of patients that come in?” But more along the lines of something smoother, less confrontational like, “next time you have a patient comes in with X diagnosis, will you be prescribing X product?” Maybe I’m thinking too much about the whole thing but it’s been on my mind for the past few weeks and i can’t decide on what is right. I’m asking for everyone’s honest opinion on what really works and what successful reps are actually doing. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. Is this a joke? Doesn't matter in today's environment. You make no difference at all.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People like you make no difference bc you are jaded and have the work ethic of a dmv employee. Go fake your 8 calls/day and enjoy flying under the radar. I’m trying to win my third award. Why do people like this even look at this message board?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That purple Kool-Aide must taste sweet? You are an idiot...Good luck with that 3rd award cochise!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fakenews