Assume position

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Grt on your knees GSK reps and assume position-ranking time of year!!! If you have kissed a$$ and prostituted yourself to management you will be just fine!!! Good luck with that. Wonder how many of you will be driven out on more ‘silent layoffs’ due to cash needed for oncology purchase???
    This company became a cluster fu$$ with backstabbing and clawing for position. Disgusted on calls with those jockeying for position and kissing up to management. Luckily I’m retirement age so chose to leave with a package!!!enjoy paying for that while they screw you with bonus!!! I feel sorry for GSK reps and wish I had left earlier.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above post got it right! Anyone check out their incentive payout? Didn't even get to 50% of target! Wow!! It's amazing! GSK just announced that Anoro hit 1 Billion dollars! And they still can't pay out at goal. Money and things are not what life is about. Family, friends and of course your health. I will be taking the week before and the week after holiday break off. Not to rest, but to take a seasonal position at a local retail outlet near my home. It pays $14 an hour. I've done the math and I should make over $1,500. This is how I will be able to afford to give my family a few extra niceties that make a parent feel good. Mind you, that money will be taxed. I am not talking about spoiling my children, just want to be able to give them few extra things that make for great memories and allow them to have a holiday like Jacks kids. Like Cheryl's kids. Is that too much to ask? C'mon GSK, fix this so called "incentive" plan. You've laid off so many people over the years. You've changed how we are compensated from an individual performance, to a patient first behavioral plan and now to a regional plan. You have changed selling models three times in five years. Now you have people taking part-time work to buy holiday presents. I guess a parent has got to do what they have to. Happy holidays to all!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, this is what GSK has become. An outdated big pharma organization that does not value their employees. At least not the rank and file. Sure upper management make big time money..BIG MONEY!! Try your annual salary as their bonus. And its all but guaranteed. Cheryl, how can you look a sales rep in the face and expect them to have any respect for you?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will also be taking a side job during the break. Been w/GSK for over eighteen years and finally have to throw in the towel when it comes to getting quarterly bonus. At least it's better than last years. Just not enough to buy the extras for the wife and kids. I will be working at an x-mas tree farm. Clean up, driving and hauling after the holiday. You have to do whatever it takes these days. Would be interested if others are having to take side jobs as well?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had to start delivering pizza pies during the day to make....oh wait that’s what GSK pays me to do.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just use my company car and gas to Uber / Uber eats I between calls. Highly recommend - then you don’t have to spend time away from your family after work hours or weekends!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I recently started working part-time at one of the physician's office as their office manager. It is actually a good gig because I can do it during working hours and get paid on the company clock as well. It's not a lot but 3pm to 530pm 3 days a week does help put extra money in my pocket. Plus I get to network with other sales reps to try and jump off this Titanic before it takes me down with it.
    Anyone else in a similar position?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Working on the consultant business, selling yet another successful sales model to GSK. Mgmt buys into any new lingo, should be an easy sale! Extra Christmas cash

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to wonder what Jack and Cheryl make for their bonus? We all know what our payout is. Why cant we know how much our "leadership team" is making? Isn't transparency one of our core values? I have a feeling they made a killing this year. Happy Holidays!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Their bonus is based on a different metric. Their bonuses are bigger than your annual salary. There is a huge discrepancy in pay. The also receive stock shares each year and we're not talking 100 shares, its a thousand shares. They receive this each year. Anoro became a billion dollars drug and its growing. Reps across the nation (those who are left) didn't even hit target. Meanwhile, I will be taking a second job over the holiday break driving my wife car being an Uber driver. That's what I have to do to make up for the lack of bonus dollars. Thanks Jack and merry xmas!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This sounds horrible! I was around in the 1990's, and we were making 80K-90K in SALARY as field reps! (depending on tenure of course) Bonus payout from memory was around 20-25K per quarter! (we ONCE got a "Tagamet kicker" in December of 48K on TOP of 4th qtr bonus!) My now ex-wife was a CCU RN & quit her job we were doing so well financially. Young couple bringing in 120K + per year in "1990 dollars!" (not doing a conversion to today but guessing would be over $200K easily.) GSK & the entire industry have obviously changed for the worst in a huge way. I would move into medical for sure.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Classic big corporation mentality. The reps are making less and the executive team is making more. Jack just stated in his year end message to the field that GSK will hit its top line goals four years in a row and are looking to make it five. Anoro just hit a billion dollars and according to Cheryl Mac, Trelegy is the best launch in the pharma over the past ten years. We just laid off a ton of employees (merry xmas). Why...WHY won't they pay the field reps?!! Reps give managers from TSM, RSD, SVP all the way up to Cheryl Mac their current roles. If there were no sales force there would be not upper sales management. Why cant the at least make our sales goals reasonable? For some miraculous reason we seem to never hit our goals. How could this be??? Our managers would have us believe that we didn't execute a COCO and couldn't achieve a good GSO. I'm here to tell you, that's not it! They set the goals at an unattainable level. So that even when we fall short the company still obtains its top line goals (see above statement given by Jack). Someone else asks a very good question. What type of bonus do Jack and Cheryl make? Are they or their spouses having to take seasonal work in order to pay for holiday gifts and property taxes? Sounds like a lot of reps have to do this. Message to GSK executive team...your people have had enough! They don't really give a crap anymore. You have demonstrated that you do not know how to incentivize your sales force i.e. Patient First, COTs, Testing where we never get to see our scores and Behavior calibrations based on worthless projects that add nothing to the bottom line. I hope that someone will share this information with someone who can put a competent leadership team in place. Reps, hang in there, do not believe them when they tell them that the problem is you. It's not! You have been placed in a thankless role with horrible leaders. For those of you taking on extra jobs to make ends meet, god bless you! It shows how hard you are willing to work and what you are willing to do for your families.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think it's time for Wall Street to be viewing this board. An under appreciated sales force = an unmotivated sales force.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you need a seasonal job to pay your Bill's while earning 6 figures then you're irresponsible with your money.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such an evil company.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not an evil company. Just a mis-managed company with no direction

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To post #16. I am one of those individuals who will be moonlighting as a bartender moving forward. Yes, I make six figures. I also have some real basic responsibilities that require a heck of a lot more than 130K per year. Let's see. 401k contributions so my wife and I can hopefully retire one day. A modest home in the North East. Thanks to liberals we are taxed to death. Our modest home is modest in the sense that it is 1,750 sqft. We have school aged children and cannot afford private school so our home according to zillow is 780K so we can live in a safe neighborhood. We have day care, food, clothing, a car payment (pre-owned Tahoe). Of course gas, heating, cell phones and basic cable. The kids are involved with their activities which aren't free. Ever had a daughter in softball? Yeah. So have we mismanaged our finances or could it be that this company has not kept up with inflation? I have always been a high performing sales representative and was looking at my W2s from ten years ago. My annual income has only increased by 10K. I've received merit increases and am at the S7 level. So why would this be? Because our bonuses are half and in some years a third of what they used to be. My wife is a school teacher and believe me, she aint killing it. GSK has allowed the sales force to take the brunt of cost cutting..and job cutting. I wonder how much Cheryl makes? How much her overall compensation has performed over the past ten years?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look outside GSK, companies are paying significantly higher than your base....and they pay large bonuses