AstraZeneca a Takeover Target?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 9, 2018 at 9:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will you bed wetting losers stop with the politics.
    No friends to talk about it so you post it here? Pathetic.
    Leave your shit hole apartment join some loser club in your neighborhood and have a live discussion with someone who cares.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why does everyone fear a takeover

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to love the liberal news media. Now they are claiming that Trump knew that his son was meeting with some Russians who were offering dirt on Hillary. Well that may be true but we know for a fact that Hillary was actually paying the Russians for dirt on Trump.
    I expect that this is common practice because neither Hillary or Trump is smart enough to do something original. One was spending $1 billion of other people's money and one was spending millions of his own.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Change is always scary.... I guess.
    It could be an improvement..maybe.
    Just dont want to lose my job or get some new crazy boss

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the Celgene/BMS deal, expect plenty more M&A activity in 2019! Make no mistake. Our realignment is geared toward that outcome.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is always late to the party. This time they may be the last man standing when all of the chairs are taken.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who the fuck would want AZ!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe the Russians or the Chinese. Oh those sneaky Russians, you gotta watch out for them. Has anyone considered the collusion that takes place between the Democratic Party and the News Media? You want to talk about collusion to influence the elections.
    What pisses them off so much is that Trump won in spite of their best efforts.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Align structure with the rest of the market. Focus on markets rather than head office. Now watch the shift away from R&D spend over then coming 12 months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The British Government will never allow a foreign entity to take over one of its key industries. With Brexit looming in March, they are going to be even more resolute in their determination to prevent any takeover of AZ.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take off the blinders my friend. Money talks. If there is a company dumb enough to pay premium money for this dog, no one wil be able to fight it off. Sold! To the sucker dressed up like a blue pill!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get you facts straight, with the unrest in Europe and Brexit nothing is going to happen with the uncertainties and confusion.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are wondering why AZ an Anglo-Swedish company is not mentioned as a takeover target in the press anymore, it is because a foreign entity would have to satisfy both the British and the Swedish Governments. After what Pfizer did to Pharmacia in Sweden, the Swedish government would be even more reluctant than Britain to allow a takeover of AZ. Brexit of course is an added complication.

Yes, every man has his price and money does speak but this does not necessarily hold true for governments in advanced economies.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

…except AZ IS still mentioned by analysts in the press, as both a target and a buyer. For those of you who are that ignorant about our industry's M&A ongoings and how companies organize and neaten the balance sheet prior to a divestiture/acquisition, then it is YOU with your head in the sand.

Step outside of your little Toyota Camry bubble and connect the dots! I cannot believe how many clueless sheep work here who have so little business sense when it comes to seeing the big picture! I'm embarrassed to call some of you my peers! Instead of you soccer moms watching the KarTRASHians when you get home from work, try READING and EDUCATE yourselves! This is what happens when you spend more time paying attention to Panera lunch menus than paying attention to Wall Street!

The first article below was written in March 2018. Fast forward ~ 9 months and two of the companies named in this prophetic write-up (BMS and Celgene) already struck a deal.

In the short-term, AZ would increase EPS by 13% by 2020. For longer-term revenue growth expectations through 2020-24, AZ is highly attractive to a potential buyer too.

Tax reform/repatriated cash has created a friendly M&A environment and internal R&D is not worth the risk and expense anymore. You may think this place is a shitshow but Ruud knows something we don't when he struts into those J.P. Morgan meetings......AZ is "sexy," baby!

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/why-a-biopharma-buying-spree-may-target-astrazeneca-bristol/

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/takedas-shire-takeover-could-herald-new-era-of-pharma-ma/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-07/big-pharma-isn-t-boring-any-more-as-cancer-deals-herald-more-m-a

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/how-bristol-myers-big-buy-could-spur-ripples-for-pharma-ma/545305/

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/2019-ma-starts-with-a-bang-as-bms-agrees-74bn-merger-with-celgene/

https://www.axios.com/why-pharma-companies-merge-1546802001-e1c05a27-7769-4151-8279-fc108673bdb1.html

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of the articles in the 6 links you provide, only 1 makes the point that AZ could be a takeover target and this too is an old article. 1 article suggests AZ could acquire another company. The rest of the articles you provide do not even mention AZ.

AZ’s potential revenue growth (driven mainly by its oncology portfolio) makes it a great fit for a number of companies. Indeed, this is why Pfizer attempted to take it over in the first place. With a new administration in Washington, AZ could have been bought 2 years ago and for much cheaper than it is now. So why has this not happened? It’s the political roadblocks which are insurmountable that keeps companies from even trying to acquire AZ.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sears is a takeover target too, but like AZ, who the fuck would want it?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, I knew the stock climbed up to 83 and some change back in 2014, but you must of really timed it perfect. Very few people get that lucky, lol.

Oh and, the stock split in July of 2015, so when it hit near 42 just 2 months ago, it hit that 84 price again, and I assume you were still alive.

Hell, it was at 72 today after you factor in the split.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You did good by getting rid of your AZ stock. The stock has been lackluster. AZ share price today has fallen 12.18% from its 52 week high with a 52 week trading range of 32.69 - 41.78. The stock is down 3.4% year to date.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It isn't luck if you fucking know what you are doing. When Pfizer attempted its hostile takeover they had a stock target price for AZ stock. It is called putting in a limited sell order that executes only if the price is at or higher than your sell price. Sell high and buy low has been an investment strategy for ever. This person obviously got lucky that the price reached the Pfizer max target before the deal went to shit.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess the AZ Pride campaign that went on throughout the company really put Pfizer in their place back then! I was happy to participate and show my gratitude for working at such a stellar company! I got your back Pascal!