AstraZeneca a Takeover Target?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 9, 2018 at 9:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who the fuck would want it?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me!!!!! This is a great company!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone remember Wyeth Pharmaceuticals? How about Smith Kline, or Marion or Beecham, or Lederle or Stuart? In 20 years, nobody will remember AZ except old timers in the industry.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if the Frenchie's plan is to spin off Medi and sell the rest of AZ.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If a buyout is possible, GSK is the only company that will be allowed by the British government to buy or merge with AZ.

At the moment, GSK is loaded with corporate debt so AZ’s stock price will have to drop to make it affordable.

Pascal knows this so his strategy is to keep the stock anemic and jettison assets to slim the company down until such a time when GSK is ready to buy it. Then he can cash in on his executive compensation package and leave the company on a golden parachute. Problem is the AZ board may not agree with this approach but has few options.

It’s a mess which ever you look at it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's another recent write-up from a few days ago discussing a UK-friendly politically agreeable GSK/AZ merger. As the first article also points out, Novartis and even Roche make a lot of sense as companies look to double down on their core competencies. Abbvie is definitely in the market to buy. Pfizer's new CEO has also stated an interest in acquisitions to revive the pipeline. Merck needs to beef up oncology. The possibilities are endless. Personally, I think a massive merger event could do this place some good! Bottom line: the environment is ripe for these sort of deals to get done. The big players are consolidating to stay relevant. Buckle up in 2019!

http://www.evaluate.com/vantage/articles/analysis/vantage-views/big-pharma-consolidation-tectonic-plates-shift

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/merck-keytruda-cancer-treatment-mergers/

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/crowded-cancer-space-triggers-big-ma-deals-more-in-store-cm1078931

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When the merger or more likely hostile takeover happens, and it will, everyone from DM and above will have to interview for their job in the new company. That is if they are lucky. Most at Director level and above will be sent packing. You will know when the time is near because more an more high level executives will be bolting. Those that stay will be close to retirement and looking for a golden parachute and a soft landing.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Continually amazed at the dumb behinds on this site. It’s not even entertaining at this dumb level.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What part didn't you agree with? Have you ever been through a large merger like Astra and Zeneca went through? Or when Wyeth was taken over by Pfizer. If you were not there during that time then shut the fuck up and go speak with someone better informed. Where did all of the VPs and above with Zeneca end up? What about the majority of the marketing and managed care teams? Check your facts and then come back and comment.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wyeth lambert and King drones were the worst of the worst. Big blue fired their ass right out of the gate and rightfully so.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is making a lunge for growth and there is nothing out there to get; there is still some cash and credit so they are betting on a long shot. AZ will not be taken over. At best AZ will be taken under.
    I'm not surprised to see the solons playing the stock market. Hell it ain't their money, and if the airplane crashes, they have a golden parachute so who cares?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ has gone to the dogs. Not their job application - The first question is illegal in several states in the US. They need to get on the right side of the law.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way is AZ a target now......

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AbbVie is buying Allergan for $63B. You can't tell behind all of the Botox in my face but I am SOOO excited......I hope AZ is next!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell will freeze over first.....

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is a train wreck and nobody is interested in riding on this train. After the Medimune fiasco, there isn't much left.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is a train wreck because of its mediocre sales force.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your primary care drugs might be a train wreck but your cancer division is charging forward! You might want to jump off if your not in oncology.