Atheism and Mass Murder

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Mr. Hamster, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

2. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

I just thought the atheists deserved equal time.

4. Vagitarian

We do.

5. Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

This is a good part for all you recovering religionaholics:

Christian philosophers and theologians explain that there are causal links between mass murder and atheism. Atheism, lack belief in God, have the following characteristics that can lend itself to mass murder and can explain why the greatest mass murderers were atheists:[11][12][13]

-lack of recognition of an ultimate judge of moral actions and a judge who sets injustice aright in a last judgement, and thus do not recognize the immorality of murder.

-lack of seeing the importance of human beings as images of God and so easily discarding them as merely material things, products of mere chance.

-lack of acknowledging an external standard of moral perfection, thus ending up with self-created standards which can include killing for political survival.

-absence of guidance by divine revelation of the moral law, such as "Thou shalt not kill".

-following an ethic of atheistic evolutionism that is based on the survival and victory of the fittest, which is ultimately a "bloodthirsty ethic", the words of Joseph Ratzinger, that is an ethic that is eager to kill and to maim. This ethic is about conquering others rather than self-conquest.[14].

6. Vagitarian

Like I said, it works both ways and it has forever. If religion kills and if atheism kills, then guns kill and spoons make people fat. While all the reigious and PC activists have been arguing about whether it's OK to eat a certain chicken sandwhich, science has made a perfect landing on Mars. You're still spinning your wheels Mr Hamster.

7. Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

How am I spinning my wheels?

8. Vagitarian

You sound like a certain someone - a refugee from the poli board. Your style is pretty obvious. You don't want to discuss, you want to start shit.

9. Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

You mean like these threads?

Praise the Lord...
    Vagitarian

When folks hide behind their silly Religion
    Doc Who

Fathe Guido Sarducci explains the afterlife.
    Vagitarian

10. Vagitarian

Hey Bubbles, did you listen the the Father Guido Sarducci one?
    It was pretty funny.

Aren't there salmon that need to be caught?

11. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

He's got a point Vag.

12. Vagitarian

OK hoss, if you say so..........:cool:

13. I say so too. So the poli board is shut down, but the playground is A-OK to slam religions. Maybe the mods can straighten it out.

According to Wiki, 85% of Americans claim to have an religious affiliation, with Christianity ranking at about 75%. Now granted, not all religious people practice their faith as they should. But the polls are what they are.

So here...and on other boards, the atheists think they have something to prove. Religion sux blah, blah, blah.

The percetage of gay people are not that far off from the number of atheists. How long do you think it would take for the mods to put a stop to every third thread being "gheys are cool, and straights are wackjobs?"

Gays clamoring for attention is annoying as hell. Well so are the atheists in dominating blog sites.

Hef and I will be basking in the glory of eternal life while the rest of you people will be like John Lennon....decomposing. :D

14. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Exactly.

I don't make fun of atheists, I worry about them. And maybe once in awhile they will ask questions and I get my chance to change their hearts. It's hard for a lot of people to be Christians because people belittle them and nobody wants to be considered stupid. I don't care what people think about me so I will share the gospel any chance I can. With my record I need all the attaboys I can get from God.

15. Vagitarian

I don't necessarily equate religion with politics was my point. It can be discussed without connecting it with poilitics or it can be linked. My point was, let's don't link it to politics here. I'm of the same belief as Fuckie as far as an 'afterlife' but have many friends here that are religious. Neither she nor the rest of them feel the need to link their personal beliefs to politics. Atheists exist in both parties.

16. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Then why did you link it to global warming

17. #17 Mr. Hamster, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Mr. Hamster

Mr. Hamster Guest

So then while I'm "starting shit" you are doing...what?
    And why did YOU equate my atheist post with politics? I didn't.

18. Vagitarian

Sure you did. In the link on your 1st post it only took 5 or 6 sentences to segue from religion (or lack of it) to communism then governement.

As far as my post before this one, I was answering NTL not you.

19. Vagitarian

Fair question. In a religious context, past posters (like MFAS) have discuseed rising temperatures as the wrath of god. That's where I was going, nothing to do with politics. And as far as the idea atheists are the ones slamming religion, let's bear in mind religion slams (other) religion all the time.

I grew up in the Presbyterian Church. I lived in a Catholic neighborhood. I was unmercifully picked on and told my religion was nonsense and I was going to hell if I didn't convert to Catholicism. I think there's way more religion slamming other religion than there are atheists slamming religion. Most atheis are quiet - they just don't buy it.

20. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

First of all, Vag, I don't think you are a REAL atheist.

Second, I went to Parochial grade school and yes, we were told by the nuns on a daily basis we needed to pray for the kids going to the public school up the street from us because they were all going to hell. Those schools have changed dramatically since then, thank God.