Atrium Medical CVI

Discussion in 'Atrium Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received a call about a position with Atrium Medical Cardiovascular Interventions to sell ICAST and Clearway. I wanted to see if anyone had any information on the products, Comp, and culture?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't really heard much about them in a year or two. Back then, the culture was a bit disfunctional and the pay wasn't competitive. Seemed like they were going the right direction in terms of products, but not sure they were able to identify COMPETENT people to hire for leadership. If 85% of leadership has been replaced by smart folks, it is worth considering.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The products are ICAST, Clearway, Vascular Grafts (both Dacron and PTFE) and a new extraction catheter. Any of them can be sold with proper effort. Nobody else makes a balloon covered stent. That will be your main revenue and commission maker. Culture is pretty good, not a lot of complaints. Lastly, I think the minimum one would make is $125ish but the top reps make in excess of $250k. I would bet the average is somewhere in the range of $175-200.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'd lose that bet. Average comp is around 150K unfortunately.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the audiological field as a sales rep for a distributor in Missouri. I would like to move into the vascular world as a rep for a manufacture like Atrium. Can anyone provide me with the name of the Sales Manager over Missouri? Any contacts or suggestions that would assist me in this move would be be grateful.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call Atrium customer service and ask for the name and # for the DM that covers your area. When you get in touch w/ the him pretend you came up with this idea yourself and I'm sure he'll be impressed with your originality.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the iCast quota?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your help....I hope all reps with Atrium are as helpful and pleasant as you are
    Thanks again

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately for you most are bigger assholes than me. Sitting Round the Cath lab all day, chasing cases and hoping to het used wears on you after a while.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The management at Atrium is a joke. I interviewed with some blowhard named Jeff Harris or something. The guy is a total asshole, he is the typical medical device guy who thinks his shit don't stink and he'll try to make you feel like a r***** during the interview. He probably had a couple good years of selling and got promoted way beyond his means. He offered me the job, and after meeting with him I realized his shit probably travels downhill. The pay is the biggest reason people leave this company and offer looking over the offer letter, I had to decline. It's a joke, you are not going to make any money. And after a couple of years you'll look around and realize how much everyone else in med device is making a jump ship. They really don't have it figured out here at all. Good luck

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was Mark Brown in on your interview:eek:r is he still with the company?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently interviewing for a position selling grafts and thoracic drainage. How are these divisions doing? Whats the avg. income like with these products? Anything I should know about the culture or management? Any help is appreciated.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a current employee at Atrium in Hudson NH of about 3 years. I don't have any information on salary etc. as I don't work in sales/marketing, but I do work very closely with the graft division. Drains is doing great, grafts are always trying to get more market share. Management and culture is good - but realize every company has issues. I've worked for small start-ups as well as big players, such as Johnson & Johnson, and Atrium is a good place to work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Atrium for a while and if you have previous relationships with general surgeons and cardiologists then you will do great. If not, you'll work your tail off for nothing. Very small company, not publicly traded, everyone knows everyone and sometimes thats good, but when its bad its bad. they will literally pay off someone to give some kind of fake "dirt" to get rid of you if youre doing very well. I made a 95,000 bonus my first year and my boss was pissed and jealous.

There are some great people in that company and some great products, but you will never beat the competition on mesh, or CVI grafts. I was a part of the clearway launch...the only reason it did well for a bit was the massive trip they were giving away if a rep could sell so many off them. ICast is a good product and that's the only one that hasn't been dominated so far. Grafts go to Gore, Mesh goes to everyone else due to the turn outs from the past two years post op. Drains are doing better but pleurevac is just the name everyone knows and turns to like "bandaid". Your call. You can make money, get experience, but sit back, shut up, don't make friends or try to make a name for yourself and always fly a tad under the radar and youll do great!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atrium medical - The CQUR mesh almost killed a dear friend.