ATTENTION: Legacy Wyeth 55+

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jan 7, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH, yes. And don't think they won't try. I received my lump sum and thought it was what it should be. Called some colleagues and we were all in the same ballpark. I called Fidelity and they confirmed the payout.
    A year later, I was reading an article in a financial/ business magazine about companies screwing employees re: pensions and payouts with a link to a website. Went to it and ran the calculation. Guess what? I got screwed. Called Pfizer and Fidelity, and they swore on a bible and shook hands with God that it was correct. I hung up the phone, called a lawyer friend who requested a full disclosure of the calculations. Expecting the same one they sent originally.
    Three weeks went by and nothing. The next week, a check for $95,678.37 arrived in the mail with a letter stating that after an audit, they had miscalculated my pension lump sum payout.
    Was it the "audit", or did I catch them in a lie?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an interesting story. And you can bet if your attorney did inquire a full audit/disclosure would conveniently not have occurred.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in a beach town in California and bored. My Wyeth pension was robbed by management.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Things cannot be that bad if you are in California beach town; but if you think there is a direct effect about your pension, I would hire an attorney.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you got let go before you hit 55 and got screwed. Other than that not sure how they can rob you of a pension. Short you-maybe....completely rob you of what you are entitled to seems like a stretch.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was a guy in the Vaccine division that had this happen to him. Got let go a couple of months before he hit 55 and lost a TON of money. The DM who did it to him was actually a legacy Wyeth guy-not a Pfizer turd so go figure. Why he didn't get a lawyer and sue is beyond me.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best of luck in your retirement. Get used to eating beans and rice with shitty medical care. Stay healthy!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone I know who left big pharma is much happier now in biotech or smaller companies. All of them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another rate hike. Those under 55 looking at the calculator know they are screwed. If rates continue to rise how much lower will the lump go in 2,3,4 years. Above 55-the answer is easy....bye,bye. Not working for nothing!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree! My lawyer is based out of Stockton, CA but also has an office in LA. He is awesome in situations like this. His name is Jon Coktoasten. You won't be disappointed

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cok to As ten....very funny. Or Cok toast en whichever you prefer.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are Hiliarys emails ?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just stay until 65 or more until 70 for as long as you can take it. You will not get a better deal. Become a "Carol."