Attrition

Discussion in 'Tornier' started by anonymous, Nov 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A company that says its reps only "stand in the OR and open a couple of boxes" is certainly doomed. It clearly demonstrates the lack of respect and understanding for each department's functions that destroys companies. A bar stool stands on three legs, each is as important as the others.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bar stools break all the time. One weak leg usually the blame. We all know who cant do their job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That statement that reps are just box openers and are extremely expendable directly contradicts the defense the company uses in spending millions of dollars on training and certifying reps. If that's what corporate really thinks, then perhaps they SHOULD stop spending loads of money training and certifying reps who are going to "quit anyways" because they are supposedly "so awful" - even though they passed the million interview rounds and were personally okay'd by corporate. Use that money for more sets so reps can spend more time selling and servicing surgeons.
    The training and certification are definitely useful in the field once you start acquiring surgeons not doing 100 a yr, but conflicts the corporate mentality that reps are expendable and no need to appreciate what they do even though they do ALOT, put up with alot, and are still here. Everyone else took those training dollars and became the "super expert rep" for another company. Not Amy's fault and training program is great given time it has been in existence and tools/staff allotted.
    The Norcal DM was good. Lots of DM's who left were great. So bad mouthing them is not deserved. They hired good people, walked into other good people, were almost to quota or at quota (crazy growth quotas without complaining even) but kept their team motivated and on board though the storms of the merger and watching everyone else on the ledge. That's what great managers do. They just weren't paid for that effort of "almost to quota of 50% growth" and team building.
    Tornier has awesome products, tho things are not quite as awful as some people make it out to be. Just think Tornier not living up to potential and could be more gracious appreciative to its employees. No loyalty instilled in employees, though mostly hand selected once Tornier went direct. Something's not right about that.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would like to pose a question:

Does the current structure support the strategy? I know we are trying to become the #1 Extremities Company in the WORLD...(without comparing to companies like Zimmer or Stryker extremities, etc., because that would be ridiculous) but, can you really become that when your local management cannot train the new guys that went through a "stringent" interview process and 101 training? I put that in quotations because I've been involved in the interview process and many of these guys are coached through it and come from everywhere but orthopedics. They are forewarned of Terry Rich and Vince's questions and are passed through very unscathed. Then taken through 101 training, only to come home without support of a training program that picks up from there. Tornier has products that are good, don't get me wrong. But they sure as shit don't sell themselves. Not only that, but in a highly competitive market, your new rep fresh out of 101 training that has questions for your DM that has little idea about the difference between a soft tissue balancing system surgeon vs an anatomic surgeon is no better than a new Arthrex rep that just started passing out Apex brochures. Is this the structure put in place to take us to number 1? Our Med Ed Dept should put together a program that trains management, bc right now your DM's can barely cover the same case the new pharma rep you just hired and trained can, Vince...and your DM has two years of being with Tornier on the new guy. I guess we are confident in this?!?!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TR is to blame for all the agony. He ruined this company.time to move on everyone.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets get real for a moment, TR has zero respect for any sales person in this company, rep, manager or Dave Mowry, whom he trashes every day. Right Amy? He is a narcissistic, (look that up) mean, stab you in the back type of manager that will do anything, and I mean anything to get what he wants. He's made millions off of us, just look. I'm telling you all to beware, because your career is on the line. We just had a compensation conference call and nothing changed, nothing at all. I was very optimistic that Vince actually believed in us, but again was proven wrong by Terry Rich. TR has fat dicked us all and we take it! Vince has the balls of a gnat. Talks the big boy talk individually, but can't hold his own dick when in a crowd! He knows what I'm talking about. What a puss. Just like at Zimmer Pennsylavania, I've done my research. Guys, let's face it, lower extremity made out like a bandit and we are f...ed! Good for them, but it's time we take a stand, because we have the best products in the world and we are letting TR piss it away. A little support please! Let's get rid of this guy, seriously! He's his own bitch! We need to get with HR and see how serious the accusations against TR are. He has them pending, just start sniffing around.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as TR and his bitch Vince are running the show, we are F...Ed! The comp call says it all.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What comp call?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you trying to "Sandusky" Terry and Vince? If you are so unhappy, leave! It really is that simple. Life will go on.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah this guy is the only one coming down on TR. really? The entire Tornier board is a Terry Rich bitch session. Sounds like this Vince guy is just a pawn. I don't even work or know anyone at this company but have to believe anyone that's bashed on a daily basis like TR must be bad for biz. Not one post giving a specific example of TR being a great leader or person.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you guys are saying about TR is simply not true. I have many examples where he has been a great leader for me. I know personally he has helped me get into see a surgeon I couldn't see. I talked to Terry and and Terry suggested I find out what Starbucks the surgeon goes to and sit there everyday with my Tornier materials out and give it some time but one day that Surgeon will notice the Tornier materials and start making conversation with me. Well I did it for about 3 weeks and all of a sudden the surgeon stopped at my table and we talked and the next thing I know I am doing about 75 cases a year with this surgeon! It was brilliant advice and it worked and that's what great leaders do! Also, for all the people complaining on here about the DM's not covering cases. That's not the job of the DM! We didn't hire DM's to be case coverage reps. If we wanted that we would have hired more coverage reps! We want our DM's strategizing and figuring out ways to get new business and open doors to pricing and contracting discussions and removing obstacles from the reps so they can sell more. Not spend there time covering cases! That's the job of the reps! I ask you, how many passes does Bill Belichek throw each game? Or how many tackles does he make each game? None, but we would all agree he is very important and critical to the Patriots success! It's the samething with the good DM's. They might not be covering cases but the good ones play a very important role in the teams success! You short minded idiots need to get pass the idea or though that case coverage is the most important thing in this business. It's just one factor of many factors that lead to the success or failure of a team. Right now this company has no more good DM's. They have all left for better opportunities and I think I am right behind them!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of good points. The problem with the DM gig is if you are truley a rep advocate as most great managers are than you will fail. TR makes it impossible for DMs to take care of reps and customers alike. It's a known fact that Tornier is burning through reserve funds and has about 2 years left before default.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TR's advice is to spend 3 weeks sitting in Starbucks waiting on a surgeon? This is the stellar sales training that is professed out of the world class Tornier training?? How much did we pay you to sit in Starbucks for 3 weeks? What a joke...TR a joke...This company's leadership a joke...Was the Zimmer rep there with you? Did you split a Frappuccino? Probably not because that rep was out making great sales calls and laughing at you....Please, for all that are reading this post if you want to grow your business, DON'T LISTEN TO TR!!!! Especially if he is telling you to sit in a coffee shop for 3 weeks. Sadly enough, I believe the above poster...Except the part about doing 75 cases a year..

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it true that Cahill left too? I just saw him at NSM. Isn't he Tornier royalty? What is going on at this company? How will corp spin this one. It's becoming a mass exodus eith no end in site.

17. TheHitMan

TheHitMan Guest

Yes, he is departing after the Academy.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate to see him leave... I wish him well

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard another DM quit