Attune Tibia issue

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again can a Depuy rep explain why they are pushing out a new baseplate if there are no issues???

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nancy Friddle Depuy. Needs to be on every lawsuit

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In all my years In ortho (30+] I never seen blood in the water and sharks circling like the Attune tibia

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because she is gonna tell them about the difference between sigma and Attune? Lol. Why throw her under the bus first? Who do you really want to blame?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think Depuy is going to win this. This is the biggest coverup in orthopedic history, but the fix is in.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this is just with Attune? There have been no issues with Triathlon, Persona, or Vanguard on a high BMI, small bone patient?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the okd mbt knee didnt bend much past 90 degrees and rolled forward. You coukd never get posterior loading forces as high as they are now with these newer designs that go into deep flexion. The stiff crco tibia then "seasaws" about the centrally placed tibial stem exerting anterior distraction forces not previously experienced. Until this tibia is totally redesigned and made from less stiff titanium that is thinner the problem will not go away

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least when seeing other company knees in revisions some cement comes off with the baseplate. No baseplates I have seen come out clean like Attune does when they come out. Everyone in the room is amazed everytime they pull out clean. Even the experienced Ortho techs who scrub all the knee cases can't believe how easy they come out. First question they ask when setting up for a revision nowadays "is it an Attune?" in hopes the removal will go quicker. No secret anywhere anymore that there is something up with the Attune baseplates.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, DePuy didn't make a knee that went past 90degrees of flexion until the Attune came out. How long did it take you to come up with this crock of shit? Is this the next paper that Stryker is going to be running around with?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^
    Will a Depuy rep Please explain why you are pushing out a new baseplate??? The Attune S Plus.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somebody lost some business over this!!! The Depuy rep in my area acknowledged the problem and switched his Attune users back to sigma probably 6 months ago. Not sure why you still feel the need to defend this issue. Nothing to hide anymore.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over 500 postings on a discussion of an issue that doesn't exist? Is this fake news or is it a legitimate issue? Read the first post of this message board and then ask why there are discussions without a recall over 18 months later? I guess it must be all made up right?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your ASR hips killed people. You guys lied and lied on the registry, in person and online saying amazing results and it's all a lie what people say. Then Pinnicle came along and the same thing. How many years later and the hip side is barely in court yet....and losing big time might I add. The Bullshit Depuy spews causes most people to think your full of shit allready. Nobody is dead from Attune knee complications, just in misery and pain from a total knee that the cement didn't stick to in the first year post op. If you wanna play ignorant then do it, because in the years to come everyone will know how full of shit you really are, again.... We will only know how long Depuy knew about this problem when the whip gets cracked and Depuy employees have to turn on eachother to save their own skin, like we have seen twice before now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One thing Depuy has learned from the hip disaster was to never acknowledge anything until they are forced to. The longer the implants stay in people the less they have to pay out to the patients in the long run. Deny it then blame a small group or even a single person for what happened when you have to.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have any big reps left over this? It's really starting to look like we are going to end up with egg on our face.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have any of the designing surgeons discontinued using Attune?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor is one if not more demanded a new baseplate as there might be a claim the original design was changed...(bigger rumor was to save money) who knows the truth to that one though. It's not unheard of to hear of companies changing a design after surgeons sign off on it though.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Explain to me how a company can lie on a national registry. You DO realize that the sole purpose of a registry is to track the success of an implant through a third party...right? No company can cook the registry books to make their implant look more successful than it actually is.