augusta medical systems

Discussion in 'Augusta Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a sales position for augusta medical systems. From what I have found out is that this is an entry level position, and most people only work for about a year, then move on.

Why is it that the company doesn't want to keep it's employees? What do they move on to?

Any info or insight is helpful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they move on to a job not selling penis pump!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes you will sell penis pumps, and if you're not mature enough or professional enough to not get over the product, then you aren't cut out for medical sales period. you realize after a week that it's not as weird as you think and you will help a lot of patients that are having a tough time not responding to other therapies. Also, you will gain some awesome experience as a rep, and lets face it, if this is the kind of position you're interviewing for, you have absolutely no experience and you need this job. You will learn how to talk to docs, and how to win over gatekeepers, and convert business (since Timm medical bought Augusta's old device Erectaid and took with it a lot of business). Company is okay, management is good, but the reason they don't keep ppl, is that there is no opportunity to grow, if you live somewhere cheap, you could make it work, but they low ball you terrible. 30K in california, then they counter with 33K, yeah not happening. They say 60K first year, no way, more like 40, if you can do over 20K/month in sales you might do about 500 bucks commission. Car allowance is good at 650, but they only let you re-imburse 1 wk of mileage/month and it's only at 35 cents/mile. You will drive like crazy b/c you need to sell a lot of systems to hit quota. Also you have to do all the mileage by hand, really annoying and takes forever to get things rolling. If you have kaiser facilities in your state prepare to take it in the ass for 1/4 the price and see a million patients a day. The only person who makes money is michael osbon. If you take a position, be ready to work your ass off, b/c you will be working 12 hour days if you want to be on the top of the leaderboard. When you finally think you're done, a patient calls you and you have to answer b/c they will bitch to their uro if you don't. After doing this job i will say this, if you can succeed here, you can succeed anywhere and my efforts paid off.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current rep here. Everything the above poster said is true. 12+ hours a day are the norm for everyone, not just the guys at the top.

to the former rep, what advice would you recommend for a current rep looking to leave? Fields, companies, etc?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above poster...

don't leave until you have at least one year and be at the top of your game. post 6 months + of top 5 numbers or better a year of top 5 numbers and you will have something solid to talk about. If you have some really solid accounts and good relationships ask the doc to write you a letter of recommendation. If you have a patient that reaches out and says you really helped him, ask him to write you a letter of recommendation. Then finally if you achieve something that is worth mention, or have a really good month, ask your manager to write you a letter also. Save as many emails, thank you notes etc and start to build a brag book. Depending on your background be prepared for your next jump to be an ASR role for another year or two, then if you are well liked and a good sales rep you will get your own territory at that point. If you don't want to go surgical you can possibly move into a full line, but remember augusta is really really entry level, so not many of the big companies are gonna take you very serious. Try to make the best of it in the meantime, develop your territory so you don't have to travel as much, try to network with some distributors etc, the more ppl you have selling the better things will be. Augusta is hard, bc the pay is low and the days are long, in the big league you will be working way harder but you can make real money... so also consider that if you don't like the augusta lifestyle, you may not be the kind of person that likes medical sales.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you work for Mike Osbon you are really working for Julian Osbon his Father! Both think that they are Donald Trump. Julian and Mike together have lost most of the money from the Osbon Medical sell through bad investing.They combined could not sell there way thru a wet paper bag.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the company will work you to death and get what they can out of you. forget raises or promotions. when you get burned out, they will hire someone else.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company sucks. They don't keep anyone that's worth a shit. From the way things were when I left, I'm surprised they're still in business. Only take this job if you are desperate and are happy making $35K a year for the rest of your life.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the hell works 12 hours a day here??? I was always at or near the top of the rankings when I was here, and rarely even put in a 6 hour day.

This company treats their employees horribly. Only good thing about this company is I stepped all over it on the way to a 100k+ job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're a woman or a minority dont even bother applying. YOU WILL NOT GET THE JOB! They want white guys and only white guys.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I am a recent graduate looking to begin my career in medical sales and I have an opportunity to get a position with this company... Is it worth it? I have no experience in sales other than working as a bartender/server in restaurant. Any advice would be appreciated.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you REALLY need a job, and want to make 40K a year selling cock pumps, then take it. If this doesn't sound like something you will LOVE to do, then look elsewhere.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been with them over a year and a half. I have a top producing territory and I'll tell you that nobody on outside sales works more than 5 hrs a day, not even my competition, but you travel ALOT (i lose money on gas after miles) . I bet the upper management makes ALL the money and have no real clue what it's like selling or being a rep, don't expect real help from them (especially if you ask for a raise as number one TM). Top reps probably make 65k and they've been here over 3 years. I try hard to get a bonus and it's no more than $500. It's a great start to medical sales tho, and take it for that. just get ready to get hammered by the competitions marketing and advertising. time to start looking!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Augusta Medical Systems, LLC 1/12/12

Department of Health and Human Services
    Public Health Service
    Food and Drug Administration

Atlanta District Office
    60 Eighth Street N.E.
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Telephone: 404-253-1161
    FAX: 404-253-1202
    January 12, 2012

VIA UPS

Michael Osbon, CEO
    Augusta Medical Systems, LLC
    1025 Broad Street
    Augusta, GA 30901

WARNING LETTER
    (12-ATL-07)

Dear Mr. Osbon:

During an inspection of your firm conducted at 1025 Broad Street in Augusta, Ga on September, 19 - 23, 2011, an investigator from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determined that your firm manufactures external penile rigidity devices. These products are devices within the meaning of Section 201(h) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 United States Code (U.S.C.) § 321(h)] in that they are intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, or are intended to affect the structure or function of the body.

This inspection revealed that these devices are adulterated within the meaning of Section 501(h) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 351(h)] in that the methods used in, or the facilities or controls used for, their manufacture, packing, storage, or installation are not in conformity with the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) requirements of the Quality System (QS) regulations found at Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 820 (CFR Part 820).

A Form FDA 483, Inspectional Observations, was issued to you at the close of the inspection (copy enclosed). We received a response from you dated October 12, 2011, concerning our investigator's observations identified on the FDA 483. We address this response below, in relation to each of the noted violations. The violations documented on the FDA 483 issued include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Failure to ensure that each production run, lot, or batch of finished devices meets acceptance criteria, as required by CFR Part 820.80 (d). Specifically, during our inspection it was determined that the Pump Head Final Inspection Sheets for the following lots of Response II and Touch II devices photocopied from an unknown production record: lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4) lot #(b)(4). As a result, the device history records for these lots do not ensure that each of these finished devices met the acceptance criteria identified in your procedure titled "Final Inspection for Battery and Manual Pump Heads".

We have reviewed your response and request further information for the following in order for us to evaluate your corrective actions: 1) additional documentation identifying the final inspection did occur as indicated in your response letter; 2) identify the types of ICRs used in your hazard analysis; 3) what steps your firm has taken to identify which lots were effected by the use of the photocopied form and evidence that these lots met the finished device acceptance criteria.

2. Failure to document that all personnel are trained to adequately perform their assigned responsibilities, as required by CFR Part 820.25 (b). Specifically, no documentation was provided which demonstrated that manufacturing technicians or customer service personnel received training for their assigned duties.

We have reviewed your response and find it inadequate as no documentation was provided demonstrating that employees have been trained for their assigned duties.

You should take prompt action to correct the violations addressed in this letter and noted on the FDA 483 issued at the closeout of the inspection. Failure to promptly correct these violations may result in regulatory action being initiated by the FDA without further notice. These actions include, but are not limited to, seizure, injunction; and/or civil money penalties. Also, federal agencies are advised of the issuance of all warning letters about devices so that they may take this information into account when considering the award of contracts. Additionally, premarket approval applications for Class III devices to which the quality system regulation deviations ate reasonably related, will not be approved until the violations have been corrected. Requests for certificates to foreign governments will not be granted until the violations related to the subject devices have been corrected.

Please notify this office in writing within fifteen (15) working days from the date you receive this letter of the specific steps you have taken to correct the noted violations, including an explanation of how you plan to prevent these violations, or similar ones, from occurring again. Include documentation of corrective actions you have taken. If your planned corrections will occur over time, please include a timetable for implementation of those corrections. If corrective actions cannot be completed within 15 working days, state the reason for the delay and the time within which the corrections will be completed.

This letter is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the violations at your firm. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations administered by FDA. The specific violations noted in this letter and in the form FDA 483, Inspectional Observations, may be symptomatic of serious problems in your firm's manufacturing and quality assurance systems. You should investigate and determine the causes of the violations, and take prompt actions to correct the violations and to bring your
    products into compliance.

Your written response should be sent to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Attn: Derek Price, Compliance Officer; 60 Eighth Street NE; Atlanta, GA 30309. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Price at 404-253-2277.

Sincerely,

/S/

John R. Gridley
    District Director
    Atlanta District Office

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My god, with gas at $5.00 a gallon how can one survive there. It sounds like a romper room out of college position... because that is what they pay first time jobbers..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top rep here, and no rep makes $65K. Upper mang makes around $80K. No one in the co makes more than 100K, but MO and SS. They're the ones making all the money and all the horrible decisions.

The co is going down the shitter fast. If you don't believe me, just talk to the other reps. Oh yeah, mang doesn't want you to do that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So as someone that has to get a vacuum pump what make and model would YOU recommend?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered a position with this company at a base pay of 30k. I would like to know how many hours per day I should expect to work realistically, how many miles per day I should expect to drive, and how difficult it is to sell the product. I would also like to know how many patients are knowledgeable about the claims brought against the company by the FDA. I also saw that you can be subject to financial liability for quitting before two years on the following payment schedule:
    before 6 months: $30k
    before 1 year after six months: $20k
    before 18 months, after 1 year: $10k
    before 2 years, after 18 months: $5k
    Can/will they hold you responsible using this schedule?

If someone could answer these questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll probably put in 3-4 hrs of work and the rest is driving around from location to location listening to the radio. probably drive around 30-200 miles a day. maybe stay in hotel 1-2 nights a week (depends) Very easy to sell product to patients if they have Medicare. 99/100 patients don't know about the FDA. the 2 year 'contract' is a joke. money is tight at the company now, so don't expect anything beyond what's in writing, as result, people are nervous for their jobs. my advice, take it and get your foot in the door while it's open.