Aurinia Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Jun 17, 2020 at 7:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had better step up their game for experienced reps! I feel badly for the above poster only asked for $125k. You could go to any big pharma company in rheumatology and make more than that.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ooh, you are al talented “sales professional”. You are an arrogant joke. Your first mistake is being driven to crush IC plans. You think a nephrologist just coming off of watching his patients die won’t see through your amateurish attempts to be clinically relevant? What powerful closing statement are you going to use to hold their feet to the fire?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Geesus- here we go again!!

Another bitch-slap “fight” between self-important all-stars who know everything on CafePharma. What a shock.

Put you wankers away ladies. This is boring.

Why must every company thread - - yes, EVERY company thread - - have at least two total nobs telling the rest of us how great they are, how many thousands more they deserve, how many shiny trophies they have, and how the company will be so much better off if they were hired?

ok nobs- let’s hear the clever responses...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoke with manager today- currently at 167k base and told him would need at least 10% increase to move forward. He said not a problem and that was in range. So they can go to at least 183k on the base. Obviously not saying I have the job- just didn't want to waste his or my time. Best of luck- sounds like a great opportunity and culture.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you basing , "...sounds like a great . . . culture" on?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not original poster- I talked to the manager early last week and we never talked salary. But they seem like they are bringing in experienced people and getting out of the way. Start up mentality though so performance is end all- if you don't like heat if you aren't performing this doesn't sound like the place to be. But for those that can handle the pressure of a start up and can perform the rewards seem great. They are offering a decent amount of stock so if this does take off (and I think it will) lots of money to be made all the way down to the rep level.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn’t the OP, but thank you! It’s not easy to figure out how to answer the question when they ask your salary range. You go too high, and they cut you out of the process. You go to low, and you screw yourself out of money.

Any idea on when they hope to make offers? Looks like they just brought all of the managers on this month, or at least a lot of them

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would agree with your used car salesman comments. I have seen many people in Pharma break into a new therapeutic space and absolutely exceed all expectations. Not because they had therapeutic expertise but because they had a burning desire to excel, great selling skills and interpersonal skills. So being short sided and only hiring friends or therapeutic experience won’t guarantee success not build a diverse organization with true staying power. Good luck to all who apply and join

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salary -

First, your current salary at a different organization has virtually nothing to do with the new companies pay structure and therefore your current pay is not a factor.

Second, the answer here is that the new company has established some kind of pay structure for your position. Based on your experience and successes and what the hiring manager believes your value to the organization is (or at least what he/she can sell to HR) you and the hiring manager will agree to a starting salary somewhere in the established range.

if done properly, a “number” doesn’t actually need to be mentioned.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all know there is a range, captain obvious. That poster shared his current salary as part of an explanation of his/her conversation with the recruiter. Plus, your previous pay CAN matter when it comes to negotiating a higher pay within that band. Also, you clearly haven’t interviewed much if you don’t think that a range or at least a minimum is usually established early on in the process to avoid wasting time with remainder of the interview process.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your previous pay absolutely matters in salary negotiation you idiot. It is your salary that determines your market value. No one leaves a company to get paid less. And a "number" always needs to be mentioned so that no time is wasted. A company has a range but that range may be way to low and makes it not a match.

That said it appears that Aurinia is going to pay good money for proven talent. They are looking for performers and self starters and let them do what they do- succeed. I can't wait to get started!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

idiot? I’ll stomp your fat homo face you burger flipping weasel.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house Lance...and don't go running mouth with a glass jaw

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently the company is still looking at the benefits, but as far as what I was told about what they are planning on currently - it sucks. 3 weeks PTO, that’s it. 3% 401k match. Car allowance. Ugh. Why would you pay high bases and then skimp on benefits?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk about entitled. WTF! These benefits are fairly standard for the industry and for most start up organizations. Not sure what you were expecting, but if you want that cushy 5 weeks vacation, then stay with your current company and earn it. Vacation is earned and accrued. deal with it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea on how many shares of stock ?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m going to focus on being called an idiot and ignore the derogatory and childish captain obvious remark.

So you believe that, for example, your current employers belief that your agreed-upon market value of 100k/year should matter to your prospective employer? The prospective employer having no idea about the justification or genesis of that number?
    And you think the starting point for negotiations begin with the last salary you were paid plus some increase in your base pay you think you deserve because of some arbitrary circumstance in a role not at the prospective employer?
    And you believe that in the current scenario, Aurinia is going to pay you something above your current income based on what another company/hiring mngr/HR agreed to pay you in most likely an unrelated role, possibly in an unrelated therapeutic area?

And after 24 years in this industry, I know several people, myself included, that pursued other opportunities for reasons other than base pay compensation. Leadership opportunity, stock, therapeutic area/challenge, start-up with future reward as part of the package, company stability...to name just a few.

And I’m not on the clock when discussing my role, opportunities, potential employer leadership, bonus, total compensation, benefits, etc. It should take as long as it needs to.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

omg! Give it a rest! I’m not the one who called you an idiot, but at this point, I tend to agree. I have been a manager, and, yes, if a candidate is willing to share proof of current income, it helps with getting approval for a higher salary. Even with bands, there is almost always an opportunity to get approval to go higher or to offer a sign on bonus or a greater sign on bonus. Multiple companies even require documentation of what you are leaving on the table if you want a sign on bonus to compensate for it. I literally just had that happen.
    Move on!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing like an idiot willing to accept a low salary and lousy benefits in the mistaken belief that somehow makes him more valuable. Last time I checked Aurinia didn’t provide a tombstone that reads “He was a loyal servant of Aurina”.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please accept my apologies board monitor. I didn’t realize I was in violation of protocol. God forbid a differing point of view is expressed and supported. What part of the northeast are you in?

No wonder this country is going to shit.