AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of people under Frueh

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, there sure is a lot of money being paid to all the fools throughout this company and AbbVie to fart around with metrics ( to put it crudely) and not enough focus on actually improving anything. Best of luck all. When smoke and mirrors rule a company is sure to fall.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, just got the "golden" (yellow) ticket this morning. Most of Nitinol let go. Only a few remain. 2nd shift got the can last night. Around 450 total let go, sucks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waiting to go hear at 2:00 2nd shift nitinol didn't get cut last night, we still have to go in today... (wish they WOULD have let us know last night lol) Not surprised, we have known for a long time that 2nd shift was going away, personally I would rather get laid off I'm losing money going to first shift, and I'm NOT a morning person, so for the sake of my co-workers...let me go!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Temecula has been poorly managed for years. It was never ran as a business becuase people lacked business accumen.
    - People lacked capabilities
    - Systems and numbers lacked validity
    - Management lacked leadership, vision and management skills

At the end of the day the workers were blamed for bad systems, wrong numbers and poor leadership. Hopefully the Layoff only hits the right areas and the right people.

Good Luck to all

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean Temecula AV has been poorly managed...since it became Abbott. What a shallow upper management talent pool they have. Good luck to everyone. We got out - life is better on the outside.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

200 + redundancies in Clonmel announced.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on how it affected IT?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think IT affected,mostly ops.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They just found IT in a closet with he's eyes closed.Security are trying to lure him out with candy bars.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So anyone have any real info on the Temecula layoffs who is not a troll?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude troll man.... What was said is accurate. 450 employees were shit canned today. Ranged from low level management (Supervisors and GLs) to the operators and QCs.

Believe the board troll man

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT & (local) GIS are fine. it was anyone in production or production support.

anyone as in whoever they decided needed to go, some based on performance, others based on "low" seniority. Done of course for financial reasons, bottom line. Now the people who remain have to figure out how to do less with less.

700 RIF's for AV world wide today.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outside of production, they primarily went after long-term employees. More bang for the buck. For myself and most of the others that I heard about, we were all 20+ year employees. Retirement through Abbott is a bloody farce.

For those that are left, get out while you can. The ship is sinking. Nothing in the pipeline, sales going down the toilet, medical device tax... they're delusional if they think they're going to survive.

Abbott's M.O. is to purchase technology, bleed the company dry and then kick them to the curb. The major kicking has begun. For those that dodged the bullet today, get your resumes updated and out there ASAP!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd shift nitinol will be consolidating to first shift starting Monday morning. We lost 13 from our line. We had been ready for the move to first for awhile, we knew it was coming but thought they would hold off with the shift change til July when we are slated to move to building B. Oh well, I apologize to my co-workers in advance for how crabby I will be Monday morn at 5:30 a.m. I told my supervisor it would be better to lay me off than have to deal with me in the early morning, but no such luck...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually 1st shift got hit harder than 2nd shift nitinol, and they didn't tell us anything last night we found out today same as 1st shift, only later.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My source was kept on. Lucky for them I guess. 450 confirmed let go in Temecula.
    It is on the local Temecula paper website but nowhere else I could find but here.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a press article on what happened:

Abbott Vascular, a large employer in the Temecula Valley, conducted further layoffs Thursday, Patch has confirmed.

The company issued layoff notices to 450 employees at its Temecula plant, "largely as part of previously communicated adjustments," a spokesman for Abbott Vascular said.

"This is a continuation of what we had announced back in January of 2012 in terms of making adjustments to our work force. The specific reasons would be to improve efficiencies and meet the evolving missions of our business," said Spokesman Jonathon Hamilton.

Abbott Laboratories has divisions in pharmaceuticals, medical products and nutritional products. The Temecula location, 41888 Motor Car Parkway, specializes in the company's vascular devices.

In October 2012, Abbott cut 200 jobs in Temecula. In January 2012, 300 employees were let go.

The 450 positions cut Thursday were all full-time and were primarily in manufacturing and manufacturing support, Hamilton said.

The Temecula plant still employs approximately 2,000 people, he said.

"We plan to continue to maintain operations in Temecula," Hamilton said. "We have great competencies to support new product development and manufacturing of new complex projects."

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey WARN letter dumba$s.... There is still no WARN notice on the CA EDD website.... I wonder why, well maybe because it has not be updated since 2/12/13. So you calling all this talk BS earlier was dumb on your part, dumba$s.

When layoffs occur again mid to late this year, will you still be hoping to get heads up from the state.... I hope not dumba$s

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the ones who didn't get the sack / package seemed more sad than the ones who did. They need a metric for sorrow utilization. It was a good run...best of luck to all!!!