AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical continues to the last day of the severance payments.

NOTE: Medical coverage does *NOT* extend to the last day of the month the payments end. It literally ends on the same day, even if it's the second day of the month. Been through this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone ask when the next set of layoffs are going to be during today's mandatory meeting?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But in the layoffs that hit 2 years ago in PPD, the max severance was capped at 52 weeks, so if yours isn't capped there too, Yay!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one bothered since the party line is always "we don't expect any further actions at this time." However, there was quite a smack-down about the secretive nature of management. It was blunt, to the point, and priceless! Management was stumped trying to talk circles around that while not actually saying anything relevant! But it was entertaining!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have loved to have seen that. It's about time the proletariat made management miserable considering what they've been doing to us! Try to encourage that to be a regular theme in the site wides :D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, hearing that in 4-6 weeks there's to be another "action" in Temecula...can anyone substantiate? Heard that the reason there was only 450 on 2/21 was because they didn't want to over do it like they did last January when they had to bring people back on a 6 month contract....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's possible. The January 2012 RIF was followed by a smaller RIF in April 2012 and June/July 2012. I think the follow-up RIF's were already determined in January. They were just delayed by a few months to allow certain objectives to be completed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use 'em up, roll 'em out - RAWHIDE!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like a ghost town here now n I hardly see anyone smiling or enjoying their work anymore except for exempts. I feel terrible for the operators n leads left behind. Now shud b the time for all to start looking for new jobs just to get out of there. Its a toxic environment now. Sux ballz.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's been a toxic environment for the last few years. I was there for several years, until they RIF'd me last Thursday. So much for hard work, loyalty and dedication. The "survivors" better buckle up, because it's gonna be a rough ride. No one is "safe"...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was an exempt and I was RIF'd last year after nearly 10 years of service. Believe me, the exempts are sweating bullets too. As they shut down the production lines, there's not a lot of reasons to keep most of the exempts around either. I feel bad for the exempts that are still there, because their workloads just got increased and they have fewer resources work with. On top of that, no one is going to complain about the extra work because everyone is concerned about their job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they bridge you to the retirement? At ten years you get alot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i can't believe they let go my mentor who's been with the company over 28 years, this person was near the top of the food chain and played a large role in increasing throughput by > 30% throughout the company. That tells me that as some of u have said, no one is safe however, take a look at some of the folks still there. it appears that if you're someone's drinking buddy n are able to hang out with them at their homes, you have a chance still. A lot of good ppl lost n some trash still there thanks to friendships formed with the right ppl. not a good place to work anymore.

forget loyalty. hard work, dedication, sacrifice, all that matters now is that you kiss the right person's ass and you have a chance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bridging you to retirement only happens if you are close to retirement age. It is not dependent on how long you have been there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, a bridge will only when you are 55 or more, correct?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"a bridge to nowhere".

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are 55 or more, no bridge is needed. Bridge is needed for the 54 year old, or from the older pension plan where you can retire at age 50, 49 year olds need a bridge.

They used to add 2 years to your age or service, but there seems to be uncertainty whether that is still possible.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am 57 and have 9 yrs and 4 months at Abbott. If I get laidoff in a few months will I get my 10 years? Will Abbott "bridge" the last 6 months with the package?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, umm ya know most of these large companies call in the actuaries when they need money and want to screw around with benefits to save some. It's always a good time for mass layoffs when a large portion of the work force is near retirement age. I think you should try to figure a plan b and not count on the good will of Big Daddy, The Man, etc.

20. I'm Abbvie with 19 years, can I get laid off? Please?