AWA

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked if I'd be comfortable moving to another site.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because your site will soon be closed. At least they asked......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you referring to the AWA Helix site or Bothel? What is your source of information?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Details please ? Where are you going ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to move to AWA - low performance expectations and no state income tax. 10% extra in my pocket every year - move from Dos Vientos to Queen Anne - gotta love it. But wait there is more, Balmer is moving the Clippers to Seattle...I can't wait to move to AWA....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad?
    What did you say? Don't leave us hanging!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who told you!!!!!!!!!
    You will now be target for termination because you can think for yourself.
    Here at the outfit, you are told what to think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought it was a bit weird that they recently spent time scrubbing the concrete foundations that were laid between the parking garage and the facilities building. Probably get a good window cleaning and paint touch up over the break

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, are you currently in AWA or ATO?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor is they are shutting Bothell and consolidating PD in ATO and ARI.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know? They just invested $30M in Bothell for MOF.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aco pilot plant activities moving to bothell

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ARI will have PD on site but will not have a centralized presence there. ARI will go the way of ACO in the years to come. It's too big, too expensive, and doesn't fit the disposable/FotF or tax shelter models. WA and CA make more sense. There is already PD there so Amgen can lay off all of the ACO staff and just pile the work on existing FTE's at those sites.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are also saying that Bothell is shutting down. Don't worry about the millions they just spent on the new Dev Lab. That is nothing to Amgen. They spent $50MM on the ACO BRM project and just shut it down.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the timing of the Bothell closure?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen has been trying to sell the Helix site to Fred Hutch or the UW for years, it is too expensive for them, and no other Seattle Bio's are big enough to buy it. It really is looking like it will be sold and converted to office space or torn down and replaced with condos. Amgen gets nearly nothing out of the bad attitude Seattle R&D pukes. We should have stopped the construction and cut our losses when we bought Immunex, but KS was too worried about how that would be percieved. AWA will never be a contributor of excellence for R&D. Let it go..........

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell it to Dendreon for a 51%+ ownership stake.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends whom you ask. For instance is TO a contributor of excellence for R&D?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pipeline of small molecules in development from ATO is awesome !! It it time for PT and RH to be held accountable for a miserable failure. There has been a huge investment in Medicinal Chemistry and the supporting infrastructure. This investment has not paid off with the current leadership team. Time to reassess or eliminate this effort as part of AFP.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good to hear. Need to feel some love! Perhaps we should move R&D to Seattle. It rains a lot and scientists will play inside and bring even more products to the market! SoCal takes away too much concentration from them.