Awards Dinner Feedback

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Feb 20, 2020 at 8:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s nothing worse for company morale than having the awards dinner do the opposite of what it’s intended to do which is motivate those who don’t win and recognize those who have performed in the previous year. Here are some key takeaways that I hope leadership will read.

1. Why did the hospital people have 6 people going to Pclub when the entire Viv sales team only had 9? The percentage of the team should be the same across the entire organization.

2. Vivitrol seemed to truly recognize those who had driven business, but not being an insider that may be off. Aristada on the other hand did not. Many of those people who had been recognized for marketshare greater than our competition were not on the stage. Many of the people who were on the stage didn’t sell enough product to cover their company car. Goal setting at this point in a product life cycle is not the best way to measure performance. I would recommend you consider looking at a combination of volume and volume growth along with marketshare and marketshare growth.

3. The health systems team did not have specific criteria like the sales teams in order to reach PC. That gives the impression that the winners are arbitrarily selected by leadership based on who is the favorite. There should be non-subjective criteria across all departments who are qualified to go to PC. It is preached that they are tied to sales, so their criteria should also be tied to sales.

There is not a way to give honest feedback internally, but coming off a tough year having people leaving the meeting defeated is not the goal. Leadership in all departments can get so far removed from the people at the bottom they can’t see the forest for the trees. Just some feedback heard last night.

This is a great company but there are area we need to improve.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top 10% rounded become Winners in each division...consistent. 46 HBMs (5 winners) 6 HBLs (can’t award to 1/2 a person); 90 eligible VTBMs (9 winners), 12 eligible VDBLs (1 DBL). Aristada used a MS and Goal component to determine winners. Health Systems is consistent with other orgs. Many of these HS winners impacted access, policies, systems, payers, fulfillment - and behaviors and impact vetted by leadership committee. Consistent across these non-sales roles across industry. And, while Viv has had a great run for the last 5-8 years with 13% in 2019, growth is slowing and all significant future growth is expected to come from Aristada and potentially 3831 for the next 5 years.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Face it, It’s a long night when you don’t win.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about you leave Alkermes and go to ITC....

Clearly, you didn’t win and while many of us are ready to make it great in 2020, you’re spending time in your room typing a ranting manifesto on smartphone.

Loser. Will you please leave?!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bunch of Viv reps bitching and crying that the company is moving on without them

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn’t get that sense. More of Aristada needs to start carrying its on weight and the pipeline needs to hit.
    3831 will be a flop..My guess is if WE don’t hit our goals, the Health Systems Team will be on the chopping block.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting back to the original question, do you have to wonder what percentage of people who didn’t win walked out of that meeting feeling more inspired to pursue victory in 2020. This is a rhetorical question, but speaks to the essence of what is the intent of the awards ceremony that extends beyond those who actually win? Are you more or less motivated to achieve a win as a result of this program. That is the acid test for was it successful or not.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that is the acid test, then NO, I am not motivated. At least not motivated to stay at the disaster we now call Alkermes.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a long night whether you win or lose, I’ve been on both sides. Adding all the other people positions to PC makes it worse, for a couple reasons. It Lengthens the night to watch people that already make a lot more money than TBM’s get a trip by having better Than 10% odds on subjective measures. Also, It was Jim Robinson’s idea. Did he have any good ideas?

And what about regional directors going? They already get probably triple the total comp of a TBM, do they really need to go to PC where they have a 33% or 25% chance of winning? Especially considering they don’t really contribute any revenue (much like the positions JR added).

best thing to speed up the night is for everyone winning to save hugging everyone Around your table and in sight for when you come back from the stage. It’s not like it’s a total shock you won, you know going in whether you have any shot at all, and a good portion know they’re a lock after November’s rankings are out. So if your name is called, remember what it’s like the years you didn’t win, hustle your ass up to the stage and save the hugs and high fives for when you get back.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to see such quality people leave. Can you leave this site as a sign of your intention to leave the company? Baby step little snowflake, baby steps.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leave site, leave company that is not an honorable thing to do. Our senior leadership should not be the only ones to enjoy bringing this company down got to share that priceless experience. Team work! We shall do it Together!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s amazing how losers can actually win when their former regional massaged the goals to their advantage, not to mention allowing that rep to customize their territory and dump high volume accounts that aren’t prescribing aripiprazole onto others. Someone in analytics needs to wake up and take a deep dive into the Atl district to notice all of the legitimate accounts that have been marked as “does not treat schizophrenia” or “does not treat above 18 years of age.” Winners actually generate revenue for companies as opposed to manipulating goals to as low as possible based on an illegitimate, manipulated database.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on post! In addition, "P Club" winners posting on LinkedIn is sickening. Furthermore, the food sucked!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“What an honor it’s been to work for a company that puts patient lives first”..give me a f’ing break. The patient can’t even get the drug half the time. This is why our industry is garbage. So embarrassing

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She rode with me once and I don’t think I have ever seen someone that incompetent at that high of a position in any company. I had to explain basic principles of how offices work and where patients get their injections numerous times and she still never understood. Between her and that ass clown dbl in AL it’s no wonder this place is in the gutter.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But dont forget she was a nurse & sooooo focused on the patients. What a load of crap! Tana wasn’t focused on anything other than herself & protecting KB in Atl. She was so unqualified & dirty that she ran the region in the ground & screwed over good people along the way.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!