Axcan now Aptalis question ??

Discussion in 'Aptalis' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was laid off from Axcan and wondering if the my prospective new employer will be able to verify my employment? Particularly my annual salary? I'm interviewing with other companies and thought about 'upping' my recent pay so I can try to get more. Thus my question if Axcan still has an HR department and or can prospective companies verify/check my salary.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um yes it's not that hard. Everyone who was with Axcan in HR is STILL HERE. Don't be a moron....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Settle down it was just a basic question that's all

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I have a question. When are we ever going to get Marketing pieces for Zenpep. The PI is great and all, but it really doesn't do us much good, when Zenpep is our P1 product and we have no leave behind detail pieces and limited samples. Why does it seem like our products always have sort of delay from either the samples side, or the marketing side including detail pieces? I hope that this is taken into consideration when our bonuses are calculated.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP: HR is only going to tell them that you worked for Axcan. They will not and cannot disclose your salary.

To the Marketing piece poster... really? A glossy leave behind is going to effect sales... really?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously are not in sales and do not have a clue. Six weeks post launch to not have coupons, leave behinds, shelf talkers or anything is ridiculous!

Do you really think a 1" x 3" sample bottle is going to make a statement next to all the large Creon bottles in the closet. Yes something with the name Zenpep would be good.

There are new HepC drugs out this past month that have TONS of stuff out there. Why does it take so long for us to even get coupons that have already been out there? It is not like someone didn't know this merger was going thru 7 months ago. HELLO????

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong!! They can most def ask starting & ending salary, along with title and start date & end date.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In yo face, stank ass. BTW, my name is Sir Speedy. Marketing leave behinds do help, especially when you are trying to explain the Ultrase mishap and promote another, new and improved PE. All the Dr's still associate me with Ultrase, so a reminder of the new PE would be somewhat helpful. Do you not pay attention to the marketing presentations when they state that the most effective ways to market a product are by talking, seeing, and touching. "Touching and seeing" is what I am after.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone can verify salary. I just called a previous company I worked for to see what it was like to verify employment history. I was given a web-site where I had access to 2 pharm companies I worked for. It stated my salary, one of the companies listed every single paycheck I had ever received, title, end date, etc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on where you live, and what type of experience you have. If you have previous pharma experience, I would ask for no less than $60K. If you have specialty pharma experience, than $70K.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a thought, but maybe the problem with marketing to doctors is not so much that you don't have leave behinds but that they are hearing from their patients how badly their stomaches hurt while using your latest greatest product.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now it all makes sense. At axcan they were hiring reps just out of 3rd grade. Genito-excretory language is what makes you smart above average.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were or we're? Learn the English language before you open your smart-ass, stinking-breath mouth.

14. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Are you serious?? Patients with GI issues are having stomach problems? You are truly an idiot if you think that the greatest PE on the market is the cause of these newly introduced stomach issues. Just like any other product in the GI market, there are AE's. An enzyme is an enzyme is an enzyme no matter what anyone says. They are all the same with little difference, so stop your yapping.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were = past for of verb "to be".
    It looks like you have problems reading even the simplest of the sentences.
    You must have cheated your way to 3rd grade.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should never criticize another person until you have walked a mile in their shoes, then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.

I may be an idiot, but I am a 39 year old idiot with cystic fibrosis who lived 30 years with constant stomach aches while taking cotazyme and pancrease. Taking Ultrase was the first time in my life I realized I could eat without pain. An enzyme may be an enzyme, but compare the quantities of Amylase and Protease among the different pancreatic enzyme brands. They are NOT the same. Why else would my doctor have spent 8 years fighting the insurance company to keep me on Ultrase? I'm not sure what I'll do when my stockpile of Ultrase runs out next month, but I sure as hell will not be switching to Zen Pep.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on the opening quote, I would have to say this is a sad story and I am sure that many others are "in your same shoes," but the FDA is the one that is holding the approval stamp for Ultrase. You have three PE choices on the market, so if none of them work, I suggest writing a letter to the FDA about the reapproval of Ultrase. Ultrase had excellent coverage, so 8 years of fighting with the insurance company sounds a bit overplayed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pancreatic enzymes are produced from pigs pancreas. Raw pancreatic enzymes for human use have 2 sources in the US. One is Creon’s manufacturer. The company produces his own pancreatic enzymes used in Creon. The second source is used by the other enzymes on the market (or seeking approval like Ultrase). So in fact, Zenpep and Ultrase are produced from the same raw pancreatic powder, coming from the same manufacturer. In fact, only the final packaging was made by Axcan, as Eurand also produced the bulk medication for Axcan in Milan (Italy).
    The mix of Lipase, Protease, and Amylase may vary from batch to batch, however the Lipase content (used by the FDA and doctors for dosing purpose) has to remain constant.
    Other factors and differences between final products (Creaon, Zenpep, Ultrase, etc) may have an impact on the outcome of the treatment. Just to give some examples: The size of the tablets or beads that are contained in the final capsule, the gastro-resistant coating of each tablet or bead, the real dose taken, since enzyme activity decay with time, so the manufacturing date of the product is also important, etc.
    Symptoms and side effects are often driven by these subtle differences, as in fact the enzymes come form the same pancreas pigs and are bulk manufactured the same way for pretty much all the products on the market. Some patients may find a perfect mix in one product but not do well on the same declared dose of a different product. This does not mean that one product is bad and the other is good. It may require some adjusting of doses and dosing habits to switch from one product to another.

I am sure the FDA had their reasons for not approving Ultrase, and I know that patients will not do well if they do not take their enzymes to treat the pancreatic insufficiency. So I think that it is just a matter of finding another product that works well, maybe with some dose adjustment, because, in reality, all the enzymes in the US come from pretty much the same place.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said! That was, seriously, a great lesson on enzymes. I hope that the Training dept is reading these posts.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh really??? Then how come Ultrase and Viokase were not approved by the FDA because of one of the "raw material suppliers"? If they all come from the same place and are all the same...how could that be?