AZ fires BMS contract employee - WTF

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How So? Apparently they are doing everything they can to stall, ignore and push people out in order to avoid paying those who signed the contract, but how will they get in trouble legally?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

retenbonus15k is first part of address, yahoo is the next, with an at sign in between. And its ends in dot. and then the word com. This is the only way to get past the website police.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read quote below from Q&A posted by Tom Williams after the buyout form BMS. Read the last paragraph especially

There have been no decisions communicated by BMS concerning the future of the inVentiv Health Synergy and SOCU sales teams. Some of the following Q&A were presented by the field and pertain to scenarios in which positions are eliminated, which may or may not be the eventual decision made by BMS. The most important thing we must do is to stay focused, brilliantly execute the promotional strategies and resources, and over-achieve the sale goals. Individually and collectively, we can affect the future outcome. Please join me in doing everything we possibly can to demonstrate the value we bring and make this a long and successful partnership. Thank you in advance for giving this job your 100% effort and commitment. Tom Williams, NBD
    How does the BMS acquisition affect the retention incentive payout? When will it be paid out?
    It is important to note that the official document that outlines the terms and conditions of the retention incentive program is the letter each employee signed and not the associated slide deck that was provided as an overview of the program.
    In the face of uncertainty, the retention incentive is provided by Amylin to reward inVentiv DMs and DSS who remain employed on the Amylin sales teams and meet all eligibility criteria through December 31, 2012.
    Assuming the BMS acquisition closes as expected, a change in control in and of itself will not trigger a payout of the retention incentive, since the incentive is designed to reward employees that stay through December 31, 2012. However, if an employee’s position is eliminated prior to December 31, 2012, due specifically to the change in control, then the retention incentive will be paid out to the affected employees as the letter specifies.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive seen your post on this board as well as BMS and AZ. Who are you?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS also fired Synergy reps with a history! These reps should get paid their retention bonus. They all did a great job with Amylin. Who bought Amylin was out of their control. They kept their side of the agreement, BMS should keep their side and pay out the bonus!! Also, to fire reps during launch mode is insane!! DUMB ASS BIG PHARMA!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regarding #26 if you didn't get fired we don't need to hear from you. If you were let go for history with BMS or AZ we need to get together to present a united front and get Amylin/BMS to do the right thing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good luck you all deserve the bonus

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was let go for my history at BMS. We need to definately get together to present a united front. How should we move forward? Respond to the yahoo address? BMS/AZ must honor the commitment they made to us and do the right thing!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, this happened?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This proves you that BMS is going to definitely lay-off big time and they had to start somewhere.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amylin/BMS didnt do anything to Synergy related to the firing-It was inVentiv Healthcare. You need to focus on inVentiv because from what I know, no one from Legacy got let go regardless of their history with either AZ or BMS.
    Also, your termination was due to "with cause" only if your severance with AZ/BMS had a clause in it that said you will no longer be eligible for rehire or employment. Take a look at your severance agreement and if it says that, you may have a hard time arguing your case. If you didnt sign anything or what you did sign said nothing similar to that clause, then you might have a chance.
    I really feel for you guys in the sense that it wasn't known that your former employer would buy your new contract and I am sure you would still be employed had it not been for some bad luck.
    In regards to your retention bonus, all the companies involved are unethical in regards to paying wages, so I would suggest you talk to a labor attorney asap.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for the information and advice, definetely checking out the options I might have. I cant believe that in the whole scheme of things they would just not pay the retention bonus and be done with us. Instead they want to do it the hard way. I can guarantee that they will be sorry the day they crossed paths with me. I will hound their cheap ass's.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should all be talking to our lawyers! They CANNOT get away with this!!! Thanks to all for posting....so I know I was not the only one in this terrible situation!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#35 please write to me on the address listed in a previous message on this thread. I have gathered several people and am preparing to meeting with group that can help us. The more the better.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-BMS employee here. inVentiv was good to me until the end. Deemed "ineligible" to work on Amylin project, my termination from BMS seems to have had an effect here. Can't put me into a position where I may be able to apply for open BMS positions as they open--would require huge pay raise, 4 weeks vacation reinstatement, etc. Better to find reason to let me go. HOPING THEY DIDN'T LIE ABOUT THE Q3 BONUS PAYOUT!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't this all seem so fitting since there is a huge retention bonus involved? Attrition, PIP, firing and ineligible employees will reduce the original sales force significantly.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On message #25 is where you should write to if you are one of the people fired or deemed ineligible to work for the alliance. Have already spoken to attorney just need to know how many want to be represented. Lawyer tells me there is to many written things for them to weasel out of paying us. PPT presentation, contract, Q&A from Williams that confirms we should get the bonus. Please contact me.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

question....why wasn't Williams fired for that mishap in moanagement of the retention bonus roll out....let the law suits begin....don't ypu think that's why FH is gone....let's see how this all plays out....