Back to paying on numbers?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 24, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its comical how this company has no direction. Your PR talks about doing the ethical right thing, no longer paid speakers or paid sales people on numbers. Why? Because GSK always does the right thing! Wrong, because you got caught selling off label to children, without any science, or fake science, and paid off a plethora of doctors to pimp your junk out. Now today, they announce back to paying on numbers starting in July. Paying doctors to sell again too. Well just tell you; record, record, and seek sound legal council ASAP, because GSK will return to its ways, just like a dog returns to its vomit!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, does a dog really return to its vomit?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahaha

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You gotta laugh to keep from crying with this company! Personally, I don't have a problem with being incentivized by numbers. What I fear are: Goals that are completely unattainable, unethical reps & managers manipulating data ( zip codes, coupon abuse, pharmacy fraud) all have been done and documented here at GSK...then if your numbers are down being placed on a PIP. Even though you sold ethically being treated like crap when the worst, but unethical, reps get lauded with praise. Here is my prediction, the goals will be juuuussst out of reach. Then you will here how proud upper management is of us and how we are the best sales force...all while being whipped by our FLLs! And if you manage to meet or exceed your goal for the quarter / year, it will be "what have you done for me lately"? GSK has no clue how to motivate or how to treat people. No clue how to promote or identify talent. That's my prediction and we will see it all come to fruition by January of 2020. And guess what? That's when the layoffs occur. The magic date, if you recall, was 2020.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best believe it will all be in full swing.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is spot on. Also, this current crop of managers also do not know how to manage with a numbers based performance incentive program so we will see how that plays out. In addition, we need to cut the admin, conference calls and field rides. I want to maximize my time in the field because if my bonus is directly dependent on my output in the field. We don’t want any distractions. In the past, you welcomed ride alongs to show case your skills in the hopes of a higher rating, now they will be even more of a nuisance. This is going to be a huge culture shift and I’m not sure they will be able to swing it by July 1st.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent point! If I'm being evaluated on "sales numbers", I sure as $hit don't need an FLL working in the field with me every month! Again, another reason to reduce the amount of FLLs. It's not like they're managing reps right out of college. We are seasoned and most likely have more experience in sales than our FLLs. Just sayin, let the reps sell!!! Stay the hell out of their way! Stop with the weekly conference calls! Stop with the micro-reports! LET US SELL!!!! ALL of our jobs depend on it! From SVP down to sales rep.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s right sell, sell ,sell! Sell to anyone and everyone, just as long as you make bonus money! Who cares about off-label and the children! They’ll die someday anyway! Just like every criminal, you’ll return to the same behaviors ASAP. Drug reps and marketing are the parasites on humanity. GSK is a horrible company run by horrible parasites.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can bet that sales numbers will be based on only product volume increases. So that those who live in areas that are growing,they can do the backstroke, while those living in areas that have stagnant or actually losing population will be sucking hind tit! Count on it!
    That is how Gsk works, they don’t care whether it’s fair or equitable. Just ride that horse in the ground and then replace him!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, numbers are based on a district level....watch the cat fights begin over who is working and who ain’t! And watch the ass kissing kick into top gear!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too funny. This’ll be fun to watch.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two critical points:
    1-the numbers will be no lower than the district, so individual performance remains blinded.
    2-we lost our best sales pros long ago. we are loaded with activity champs

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is guaranteed that you will be able to see who has marketshare and who doesn’t, who is driving sales and who isn’t. As I said above, watch the fighting begin!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit show! Get the popcorn ready! The gloves come off and the fights are about to start! I see this as an opportunity for FLLs to place blame on reps and up the performance management! Woe be to those who aren’t helping the FLL be a top district! Last ditch effort to light a performance fire under reps before D Day? I think so!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any rep or manager still affiliated with primary care is mediocre. If you had any talent, you would have left to a specialty position or left the company completely. The fact is, you are lazy and complacent. The writing has been on the wall, on the ground, and in the air for over three years. If you haven't done anything to get out of the situation, that's on you! Let me try to spell this out for you...Advair was to have gone generic two years ago. We were lucky to have had that delayed. Now it is generic. What was the first thing you saw? Bye bye team Breo! Now Spiriva is generic and Symbicort soon to go generic. COPD has a lot of options out there. Here's another thing that GSK has kept quiet. Inovia, the company which is responsible for our Elipta device, receives a huge..HUGE royalty on each prescription. That means EVERY PRESCRIPTION! Every NBRx, NRx, TRx and mail-order prescribed. Add in additional pricing rebates and you will see that profitably is razor thin. Ohhh no say you. But we have hundreds of millions in sales. Again, allow me to educate you. "Sales" is not "profit". Las time I checked, we or any business for that matter, is in business to lose money. And that is what is beginning to take place. Think about it? Breo continues to generate hundreds and hundreds of millions. Look who is promoting that product? So while you may find my comments harsh and negative, the words I offer our 100% fact. I'm trying to help you to be in control of your own destiny. To not be a victim. To move on to bigger, better and brighter things. But if you're happy here..good for you!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post seems to be a bit of a hater. However, it's very difficult to argue against him / her. I know that in my region, we are all doing whatever we can to get out of here. Some are hanging around to get the magic number of 75. Others claim they want a payout on their way-out. And some still have their head in the sand coming up for a bit of air and a ton of kool-aid. Best of luck to all!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Activity Chimps is more like it. Innoviva website is interesting, appears to have very few employees and only product they have is Ellipta with a gsk contract. How did that come to pass? Wonder if a former gsk exec was in on the initial paperwork, or perhaps a few savvy financial types (one formerly worked with Carl Icahn) who recognized a sucker when seen

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Dog returns to it's vomit". Lol... I read your linked In profile. "Successful whistleblower". Apparently you must miss Pharma if you keep checking the GSK boards...lol.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read GSK press release. It tells you all you need to know about the future of respiratory. In a nutshell it says " new incentive plan has brought back to retain and recruit talent. That GSK wants to become a specialty company". I am currently in respiratory. The writing is clear! Get the hell outta here before they get rid of me. I guess I could wait for a layoff and severance package. But then the race to find another job with a lot of other reps in the market begins. Nope, I'm getting the hell off the gsk train! fifteen years has been long enough. I guess it wouldn't be so bad but my SVP and FLL treat me like crap. They act as if a couple down weeks is the end of the world. As if this business cycle has never occurred before. Best of luck to all!