Back to paying on numbers?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 24, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHA! Attract and retain the best sales representatives!! They’ve managed out many of the best sales representatives! This is such bullshit! This is a last ditch effort to save their cushy management jobs and beat the sales force into better numbers! If change doesn’t happen then respiratory sales is doomed! GSK reeks of putrid intentions and non transparent ways!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i read it a few times. I get the feeling reading between the lines that they are going to divest PCP sales force. Very heavy speak on specialty, probably because Merck and AZ are kicking their butts. They paid a ton for Tesaro and want to see that tree product fruit.
    Once Symbicort goes generic along w/ Advair and Spiriva, I don’t see a whole lot to fight for in respiratory. Maybe a small force selling Trelegy, but tat is it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK seems to always be behind the competition. We are finally going to become true salespeople and be rewarded on numbers, great. In addition to above, I work for ViiV and we are getting our asses handed to us by Gilead. Our we winning anywhere?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is gonna to be a cluster in the worst way:
    - How will the culture shift happen? Right now there is a fake theater production of a evaluation, how will that turn on a dime?

- Most articles haven’t mentioned how bad line leaders are in all of this, that’s the real issue with the talent. They ran most people off or laid them off.

- Do we trust GSK to measure? If you think this is gonna be straightforward, most likely it won’t.

- It May be in the best interest if they are serious to change many levels of leaders who ruined GSK with this sales model. They helped create this toxic environment, maybe new faces could fix it now.

- Everyone should have a clean slate, the abuse and rankings give no real
    Indication of performance since most rankings were scripted.

- To echo a previous post, I’d expect these numbers to be heavily manipulated and out of reach of some. I’d advise everyone to pull as much historical data as possible. If ranking order stays the same, you’re gonna see some creative math for 3-5 rankings and move favorably for 1-2. Watch yourself.

- Lastly, this creates a great way to speed up silent layoffs. We can take the positive spin of incentives, but let’s be realistic as this is most likely a tool to force people out faster if they want.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blair....I’m sorry you had the experience you had. You were treated terribly. Hopefully you got the last laugh in the settlement. But a lot has changed and not every person at GSK is a dirty rotten scoundrel. I’d like to think those types were purged by now. I for one can tell you I made ALOT of very nice bonus checks by working very hard...never sold off label once. But I’ve never been encouraged by my manager to do so. I hope you find peace

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

one should never underestimate the power of denial. Write, right?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Write right”, is indeed true.

At ViiV we all write right, or not at all.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In today’s environment you wouldn’t want what’s written not match what occurred. Never know who is watching now do you?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Am I naive for thinking that if I simply behave ethically and record what I did/said...etc....then there is nothing to worry about? Serious question.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is that the daily routine is fixed so that you have to lie. So there is no way anyone is acting ethically at all. Most of the calls because of access is fudge. Anyone who is claiming they are seeing or there territory is fine is lying. The only thing anyone is doing is stopping at 1 See Able MD before lunch, do a lunch and maybe one see able MD after. The See Able pool is so low at this point that you have to fudge to even make it look like you are working.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s my understanding that the USDOJ is actively putting undercover law enforcement inside to shadow high rxing clinics. Be careful folks!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Seems like an exaggeration. At least where I live access is pretty good...there are certain accounts that are low to no see. I’ll put it this way....there is no reason you can’t fill up your days seeing impactful accounts where I live. But I’m not in Vermont or one of these anti-industry states either.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll tell you what’s an exaggeration. When people say they have never sold off-label, or that no one from management ever asked them to do anything illegal.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope...not exaggerating. Not even a little. I don’t doubt for a second though that there are managers out there who have. But in my experience...and those around me....that is the exception and not the rule. I’m sorry if your experience has been different.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We lie to ourselves, not intentionally to the public or physicians anymore. That’s what Reach and Frequency, calibrations, Patient First, etc. is all about. We are our own worst enemies

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not Blair. I do not know Blair. He’s bitter and I understand. I am bitter too and GSK didn’t even do 1/3 of what they did to him! I think where the rub is is that a lot of you still employed at GSK are sanctimonious brown noses who think you are still there because you are better than those of us who aren’t! Bullshit! Some of us had no power (unlike Blair who stood up to the power)! Others tried to stand up but GSK didn’t honor the so called speak up culture and managed them out based on falsified information! I hope GSK respiratory leaders and most of sales gets their dues soon! Let’s see who is bitter then!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not bitter, living the life! Fast cars, planes, boats, world travel, and and a bunch of weed and blow. Everyday I get to wake up and figure out what to do for fun. Not order lunch for the piggies to get my siggies. I will however continue to do whatever I can to disrupt, discourage and hurt GSK. They should have killed me when they had the chance. Ha ha it’s so gratifying knowing I almost destroyed GSK. I’ll continue to improve moving forward. A bad company run by bad people.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My track record is better than most...but that’s not the main reason I’m still here. I’ve seen many downsized who were fantastic sales people with great #’s and contributions above and beyond their defined role. I’m still here because of where I live. Still good access and a high index geography. High performance helps....but access and index is crucial.

I’m no brown noser. Those that know me can testify to that. I am curious what your grievance is all about. What did you experience that was so terrible? When you stood up to GSK what were you standing up for? Any specifics?