Background Check question

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Pfizer conduct background checks for more than one candidate? Or is it assumed only the chosen candidate is asked to complete the background check? Thanks in advance for the info

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should be getting offer if they are doing background check

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong they do for all applicants

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats the truth?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They only do it for the candidate that they have made an offer to. There is no sense in doing it for people they have no intention of hiring, it's a wasted expense.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they wouldn't waste money on drug testing candidates they aren't intending to hire.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never do a drug test without an offer, of course you have to pass all the background including drug tests but you do not need to take a drug test for a company that hasn't given you an offer. In fact, that is against the law.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's just background not drug test. But haven't spoke to dm or rd yet Does that mean offer coming?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would think so, what was your last communication?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About week ago. Will let u know

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually offer first then background. That's how it was for me.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's not how it went down for me.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would follow up.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completed the background check first, the offer came after that.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn't sure if they did background screen on my position which involves custodial and maintaining facility's lobby and rest rooms.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I called they changed there number already. Lol

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i had the hirevue interview, then over a week later got an email from Hirevue to conduct a background check and it says it “meets company standards.” Odd thing is that the job I applied for is no longer posted on the career website and I havent heard from anyone.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are referring to the email regarding background check very early in the process...before the interviews get rolling. That’s just a MVR nothing else. The full background isn’t done until an offer is made and accepted. You still have a ways to go.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is so typical of Pfizer. They waste people's time and then don't even apologize. It is like they think it is an honor to even talk to them. Other companies boast that they are "Not like Pfizer".