background check

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if someone makes it to the background portion of the interview process what type of offenses will disqualify you from a trauma position. if someone has a DWI during the background check will they not get the job because of it????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A DUI probably won't hurt you unless you were convicted of a felony. Don't know what state you live in, or what the law reads. Most background checks are looking for fraud, felonies, kidnapping, etc. Who hasn't got a DUI?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about a bankruptcy?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what exactly is a deal breaker as far as the background check goes, but do know that they only go back 7 years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about GPA ? Does the company only check to see if the person has graduated or GPA and graduated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it depends. some companies check fir both, not sure about stryker or the other big three

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is the same person asking about all 3 (DWI, bankruptcy, and GPA)? i certainly hope not.

stryker doesn't give you a company car, so as long as you have a license, i would imagine you're covered on the DWI.

bankruptcy- no idea.

GPA- i used to work for stryker and was never asked to provide anything showing my degree and therefore never asked about GPA. that being said, you shouldn't be lying about it on your resume (if you are).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally know of 3 people that did not get a job with Stryker because of DUII. The bankruptcy should not be an issue as long as you are NOT a manager or associate as the financial background is relevant for a company AMEX

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about child molestation, insider trading, rackatering, domestic violence, steroid use? will they check that also?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I certainly hope not. I'm screwed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Signs of steroid use is a positive as is hair gel. Drunk in public,,,join the crowd. I think the only thing that would DQ you immediately would be traces of homosexuality.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how extensive is the background check? I went to a 4-year school, paid out of state, had a pretty good gpa (3.23) but did not actually graduate. The out of state tuition was killing me and I wanted to go to pharmacy school in my home state, but never got around to going. I do have sales experience with another med device company, but wanted to know if not having an actual degree will hurt. My major was biomedical sciences/ pre-pharmacy with the intent to roll onto into pharmacy school. My gpa is verifiable, just wondering if the degree thing will hurt. I don't have any DUI's or convicted felonies either. Thx

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you tell them you graduated?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't applied as yet. There is an open position for an ASR in my area and I wanted to go ahead and apply. I was just wondering how they would take to that. The previous company who is a global company didn't seem to mind, but I dont know how rigorous stryker is and their 'standards'. But I wouldn't lie and tell them I did when they could very easily check, I just wanted to know would that potentially hurt me in an interview.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No degree = No job with Stryker. Which is the way it should be! Your b.s. AA degree doesn't count if you want to be a full line rep. ASR's maybe, but you will never make more than 50k unless your senior is willing to give up some bonus.