Bad communication ?

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Jan 24, 2018 at 2:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like many other recent posters on this site. I recently applied and had a f2f with a HM for the derm expansion.

I had a friend who is higher up in position but he is with a different drug. He reached out and vouched and put his name in there in order to increase my chances of course. I was told I would hear back but and I know that isn't always the case, but from what I've heard from other applicants that I know , the same hiring manager has responded to their emails telling them they did not receive the job. In saying that I have been ghosted on quite a few emails at this point.

Is this how these companies usually operate? Terrible communication and all That? All of these other people have at least been responded to and have been turned away , yet I am still left in the dark. Any one ha've any insight on this ?

I'm sure fake posters and the like will throw insult me and insult the company. But I'm genuinely curious and want to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I personyknow eight reps that this exact same thing happened to, and everyone of those reps told me about other reps they know that it happened too. It seems to be the same everywhere there are no jobs except for just a couple of metabolic reps, the rest of us will be left in the cold.
    For a salesforce and exceeds expectations every single year you would think that they would be more interested in helping us move to other divisions?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I asked this big question hoping to gain some knowledge. But for some reason this response cracked me up. Lol thanks

5. HM in SE

HM in SE Guest

The short answer is yes. HMs are not obligated by P&P to 'notify' the app who is not qualified. Its a simple fact that if every HM had to expend an hour or two for every reject then no quantifiable work benefit would be achieved.. We are under great pressure to achieve results and have no time budgeted for that feedback process.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you follow along on the other threads, it does not appear that any external candidates saw any movement for the immunology/dermatology positions. There are a couple of threads to discuss the interview process and interviews. Doesn’t seem to be much to tell.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a call from the HM.
    I did not get the job but appreciated his call. I’m sure it is not easy to make a call to the candidate that was rejected. The HR explained why they chose the candidate over me.
    So, no every HM leaves you hanging.
    If you have not heard from the hiring manager, email them and tell them you are interested in hearing where they are in the process and tell them you want the job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

opps* NOT every HM leaves you hanging.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also had a highly regarded AbbVie rep as a referral, vouching for my experience selling competing biologics. I applied in the middle of November for the derm position and the posting stopped excepting resumes before Thanksgiving. I never heard anything other than a stock email that an AbbVie employee referred me. Funny thing is when I log into AbbVie’s career portal the position hasn’t been closed out and I’m still active candidate. I am assuming they hired someone already, I just wished they’d close me out of the system.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also had a highly regarded AbbVie rep as a referral, vouching for my experience selling competing biologics. I applied in the middle of November for the derm position and the posting stopped accepting resumes before Thanksgiving. I never heard anything other than a stock email that an AbbVie employee referred me. Funny thing is when I log into AbbVie’s career portal the position hasn’t been closed out and I’m still active candidate. I am assuming they hired someone already, I just wished they’d close me out of the system.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please don't take this personally but you are really either dumb as a brick or a newbie who doesn't know how the business works !. The HM blew you off. Period. They probably filled the slot. If it was in the Midwest I can vouch for that as I know the new hire. Get on and look for other opportunities. BTW the portal you mentioned is way out of date. And as someone noted, the HM does not owe you a response. They have a regular job to do and interviewing is a pain in the ass.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow-nice name calling! Not dumb as a brick, years ago I worked in HR and I am familiar with the online applicant portals. I received the generic response that my resume was received and one that someone referred me. I was just stating that it’s odd that the position was apparently filled and HR should close out the job which would trigger an automated email to me that the position has been filled. Instead when I log to the portal and I’m still active so someone in HR is a bit behind.

In regards to the position. It wasn't for the Midwest and I have experience selling competitive experiences sellingn biologics (actually in the top 10% at my company). Basically I am selling against Humira every day.