Bard Biopsy?

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is just people in management, trying to stop all the rumors.
    with that being said...heads will be rolling inbetween xmas thanksgiving and xmas, so we can brag to the street on how we reduced costs.

Beaz is putting all his people where he wants as usual, and i would really watch out if you are with statlock or BPV. bottom half are all going....Weiland can report a huge cost reduction, and life will go on at Bard....

thanks for your service. Thanks for selling me on the fact that this is a 100yr old company when i interviewed and that we are "secure." no different than any other company who wil step on people....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got that right. Bard is no different than all the other companies out there. We are all commodities, and once we've been on the payroll about 3 years, they really don't want us around anymore. Look around you, and you will see that it's true. No loyalty, no honesty, and no integrity. The Bard motto is just a set of words--they don't mean crap to anybody.

And they cannot find out who you are if you post anonymously. If Congress couldn't find out, you think Bard's management can?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA HA HA HA!! LOVE THE REPLY!!!! But think about it that does sound like Bard Management....we can do anything!!!! Which we all know they cant!!!! They can only speak it and saying the words doesn't make it true!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No not management, just someone working hard selling lots and sick of all the whiners that aren't pulling their weight and blaming it on everyone else.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last response reminds me of Debbie Downer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi There

Seeing a ton of mixed messages. I also got a can for an interview with Bard Biopsy Division. What would realistic income be? Job Stability? I am being told that it is a very secure/staple company and one of the more successful divisions. Also, on a conservative note, I am hearing 125K first year, with 175K for people that really do well. The recruiter mentioned something about top 50%, top 1/3rd and top 10% with bonuses. How does that play out. It seems like being in the top 50% should not be hard, but from what I am seeing here, it appears, that they laid off the bottom 50%.

I have a good job in sales currently, and of course do not want to make the jump if this is not realistic, or if it is a company that is constantly laying off people or making people interview for jobs they already have.

Any insight would be appreciated!!

Thanks

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly it has been a mixed bag since Mike Terlizzi left the division. The culture completely shifted from a who you are and higher purpose to a what you've done for me on a spreadsheet lately mix and who can I convince I should move up culture. Terlizzi held everyone accountable however you felt like everyone working around him worked to drive a shared objective and felt like you mattered. The contests and compensation plans were well thought out and most importantly well communicated. He drove double digit growth every year he was there.
    Now Jim Beasley simply brought in his crew from a compleletly different division named Access. The leadership team knows nothing about the market. The result - almost 50% turnover, the lowest growth since the division started and a culture that is based upon spreadsheets and the idea they are the smartest people in the romm versus the reality they actually may not be and should listen to those that have been there a while.
    Should it continue this way Tim Ring will be forced to sell it off. The laugh is in the last conference call they stated growth over prior quarter - of course it grew reps loaded to win a contest, there was no growth only loading.
    Bard is an excellent organization. As with every company you need to choose wisely where you land and with waht division. I would never recommend anyone leave a well paying job to land here presently. Wait it out. NJ is wise. They will flush out the posers and turn it inot a place that is stable and worthy of the brand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly it has been a mixed bag since Mike Terlizzi left the division. The culture completely shifted from a who you are and higher purpose to a what you've done for me on a spreadsheet lately mix and who can I convince I should move up culture. Terlizzi held everyone accountable however you felt like everyone working around him worked to drive a shared objective and felt like you mattered. The contests and compensation plans were well thought out and most importantly well communicated. He drove double digit growth every year he was there.
    Now Jim Beasley simply brought in his crew from a compleletly different division named Access. The leadership team knows nothing about the market. The result - almost 50% turnover, the lowest growth since the division started and a culture that is based upon spreadsheets and the idea they are the smartest people in the romm versus the reality they actually may not be and should listen to those that have been there a while.
    Should it continue this way Tim Ring will be forced to sell it off. The laugh is in the last conference call they stated growth over prior quarter - of course it grew reps loaded to win a contest, there was no growth only loading.
    Bard is an excellent organization. As with every company you need to choose wisely where you land and with waht division. I would never recommend anyone leave a well paying job to land here presently. Wait it out. NJ is wise. They will flush out the posers and turn it inot a place that is stable and worthy of the brand.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Higher purpose....wtf? Please quit!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Products are great and this division is poised for a comeback. Not much competition in this space.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The products are fine, Finesse is a joke that still only works about 30% of the time whether mgmt ever wants to admit it or not. If the FDA finds out the real complaint numbers they'll yank it fast. The big problem is the leadership. I hope PO rented versus bought a house in his move out west coz after the first quarter number is missed yet again JK will dump him to save his own over promoted behind.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So which is it? Would you take your job over again now that you know what you know? I currently make 100k plus car etc.... Would you make the move into BPV? I'm looking to make 125k and be with a company that is not laying off and will continue to create opportunity for its sales force.

Please try to remember that you were in this due diligence process at one time as well.

thanks - wish you all the best.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just another sales job with another product. All the same………..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK has turned a underperforming division into the growth driver for CR Bard.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is that little fairy DM Harvey doing?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is 175k realistic here? Thanks.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep if you are number 1 or if you take two years of comp and add them together. 175 is definitely realistic under those circumstances.